Resource Mobilization Officer responsible for building an increasingly diversified network of donors/partners as well as other philanthropic institution/individuals who believe in the vision and mission of Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) and provide funds, technical support and other forms of collaboration to meet current and future needs of KeMU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To identify and approach potential individuals, groups and organizations that may raise funds for the development of the University.
- To take the lead in identifying funding opportunities, listing them and sharing the information with Director University Advancement & Marketing and other relevant groups in the University.
- Develop and Implement resource mobilization strategies to achieve overall fundraising targets
- To assist with funding proposal writing processes. This involves writing project and budget plan proposals and coordinating with the different sub-committees of University with the aim of Sometimes jointly submitting a project proposal.
- To assist in developing a fund generation and resource mobilization Work plan and constantly follow-up the implementation of the plan .This involves designing and writing materials for communication with different prospective donors and agencies.
- To assist in mobilizing non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporate agencies.
- To coordinate processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure effective and timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports to the donors and grant renewal proposals.
- To monitor donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; coordinate with Director University Advancement & Marketing and senior management of the University in responding to these deadlines while facilitating and participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative reports to donors.
- Provide effective coordination for the establishment of proposal development working groups with representatives from key stakeholder within and beyond KeMU
- Establishing and broadening relations with the potential and existing donors;
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in social sciences, humanities, development studies, human rights, political science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a proven track record of resource mobilization and the creation of RM-oriented partnerships and stakeholder networks.
- Experience in Grant proposal writing for fundraising and resource mobilization
- High ethical and moral standards, integrity and professionalism
- Proven leadership and project management skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of clients.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to prepare proposals, reports and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.
- Proven exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the University and externally;
- The position will be on negotiated commission. However, a small retainer will be availed for a limited period as the officer sets up their networks.
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.