Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction wit...
Read more about this company
About the role
The purpose of this role is primarily to ensure strong, successful implementation of Pawame’s grant and other impact-related projects in order to maximize their benefit any associated concessional financing. The Grants and Impact Manager will report to the CFO and will also be the subject matter expert at Pawame for environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG), impact, grant and concessional funding, and will represent Pawame in engaging on this topic with external stakeholders.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Pawame successfully completes current grant-funded projects (KOSAP, EEP, SDG7 Results, MBEA)
Cross-functional project oversight for grant-funded projects:
- Project planning
- Donor relations
Pawame complies with all ESG requirements posed by lenders, investors, and grant providers
- Ensure ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) best practice implementation within Sales, Logistics, Product, Corporate Development and Finance.
- Manage Pawame’s ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) documentation.
- Provide ESG (environmental, social & corporate governance) reporting to donors, lenders and investors.
Pawame benefits from new grant and concessional funding opportunities
- Identify new opportunities for fundraising
- Supervise and coach Corporate Development Associate in grant proposal writing
- Lead and/or support concessional funding application processes
- Manage contracting processes with grant providers
- Set up projects emerging from successful applications.
Pawame implements an ambitious gender action plan
- Oversee implementation of Pawame’s gender action plan.
- Actively obtain external support for Pawame’s gender work (e.g. from Power Africa).
Pawame benefits from and participates in industry bodies (KEREA, GOGLA)
- Participate in relevant working groups and share information and resources from external bodies to Pawame stakeholders.
KEY CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP & INTERFACES
Overseeing implementation of results-based grant programs (i.e. ensuring sales targets are appropriately set and achieved).
- Collaborating with the Product Manager to provide support on the EEP-funded women farmers' project.
- Identifying funding needs and opportunities for new product introduction.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
Preferred Education: Masters’ degree, MBA, or equivalent.
Any certification related to Gender, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG), impact measurement or other relevant topics.
- 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector, social enterprise, or impact investment.
Preferred Experience: 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector, social enterprise, or impact investment in grant management, project management, and/or fundraising roles.
Technical attributes and competencies
- Strong writing skills, especially proposal writing.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one impact/ESG area (consumer protection, gender, e-waste, governance, impact measurement).
- Cross-functional project management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
Behavioral attributes and competencies
- Strong professional, proactive communicator.
- Maturity and confidence to represent Pawame to external stakeholders
- Ability to build capacity among the Pawame team in impact and ESG matters.
- Healthcare Coverage.
- A highly collaborative team environment that offers management training as part of growth and development opportunities.
- Paid time off.
- A flexible work environment with a 90-day remote work policy implemented at the company level.
- At Pawame, we are a diverse team of highly energized local and international people, committed to serving our consumers and building a successful, sustainable business.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you're expected to work with integrity, discipline and drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contribute to our success in different ways and has meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.