REPORTING LINE- Board Audit & Risk Committee
WORKPLACE- Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi
We are looking for an Internal Audit manager to become the architect and steward of our company-wide audit and risk activities. As the internal audit leader and subject matter expert, you are responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the organization is effective and efficient in preventing, identifying, detecting and correcting non-compliance with applicable rules and regulations. You contribute to the safeguarding of corporate assets by ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
Furthermore, you are also responsible for making sure that the policies and procedures in place are well understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements.
The role is line managed by the Board Audit & Risk Committee and places great importance on a responsible approach to risk prevention, management and reporting.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead a team of 4 associates to plan, coordinate, and manage company-wide audit plan
- Lead Internal Audit’s change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution, audit reporting, staff recruiting and development, audit technology, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit’s annual risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the organization.
- Meet quarterly with the Audit Committee to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a “thought leader” with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records, evaluate the level of compliance with established business control policies and processes including risk management, control management and assessment of financial reliability in order to ensure that compliance is met within all TBC’s systems.
- Provide post-audit full briefing to the relevant branch manager and functional leader, ensuring that their comments are recorded as part of the review and action plan necessary to implement the audit recommendations
- Analyze and evaluate accounting documents, preparing reports that reflect the audit results and document the proposed process in order to present to key members of the company to ensure all staff members are working toward the same goals and complying with regulations
- Reporting on a monthly basis on the progress of implementation in establishing methods to improve efficiency and quality of services, and to reduce the vulnerability to fraud, abuse, and waste
- Identify control weaknesses and process improvement opportunities and contribute to continuous review of the organizations financial systems and to recommend changes as necessary
- Work with HR to develop policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation
- Researches the latest trends and issues in the industry, determining the scope of the internal audit accordingly and develops annual plans, which are discussed with managers and stakeholders to agree on systems that will help the business grow
- Works independently and takes relevant initiatives on his/her own along with being incredibly organized and be able to prioritize the workload, as well as be resilient and calm under pressure
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 8 or more years’ experience in internal audit ; 5 years in a Management role preferably in the retail industry within an omnichannel organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with TBC’s culture and awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all member/client interactions
- Advanced analytical capabilities with mastering of excel and great understanding of accounting principles, financial statements and financial models
- Ability to work within a team with colleagues from a wide range of professional backgrounds and contribute to the development of team culture and the achievement of common objectives
Please submit a letter of interest with your resume clearly indicating “Internal Audit Manager” as email subject to below email address on or before 7th January 2021 at email@example.com
This is a full-time, salaried position. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package