Ref. No: HR/7/DDP/2023/01
Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
- Identifying and Coordinating opportunities for fund raising;
- Developing and/or coordinating development of research proposals and bids for research and capacity building projects;
- Developing and implementing resource mobilization strategy and policies;
- Providing technical advice and input in research project implementation processes;
- Managing project budgeting, costing and follow up on payments;
- Ensuring the Institute generates income as per the set targets;
- Providing direction on strategic partnerships and collaborative efforts;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual partnership and networking programmes;
- Liaising with research institutions and other organizations on a collaborative activity;
- Promoting partnership activities for the Institute;
- Providing advice to the Director on a regular basis on ways to improve partnerships by the Institute;
- Enforcing quality control process as Established by the Institute;
- Formulate policies and strategies to guide the Institute’s operations in partnerships and resource mobilization;
- Ensuring timely and efficient implementation of work plans for partnerships programs;
- Providing leadership in the department through supervision of staff;
- Ensuring effective development of partnership plans, budgets and the implementation;
- Facilitating Monitoring and evaluation activities and implement corrective measures;
- Overseeing day to day work in the department;
- Establishing and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders;
- Motivating staff in the department and Ensuring teamwork as well as good working environment; and
- Evaluating performance of staff in the department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Economics, or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- PhD in Economics, or related social sciences from a recognized institution;
- Knowledge in resource mobilization, communication, marketing, international relations and public relations;
- Strong presentation writing and negotiation skills including the ability to initiate and elaborate partnership projects and grant projects;
- Project management skills;
- Leadership and management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution:
- Nine (9) years’ relevant work experience;
- Minimum of six (6) publications in peer reviewed journals;
- Minimum of nine (9) research papers including KIPPRA discussion papers, policy papers, working papers, special papers as well as book chapters;
- Computer skills including statistical packages; and
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
The public is notified of the following:
Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website https://recruit.kippra.or.ke/
All applications MUST be received on or before 28th February 2023 by 5:00 pm.
KIPPRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application for these positions.
Canvassing for any of these positions will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
Applicants who applied previously for the readvertised positions are encouraged to apply.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews.
- National Identity Card.
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts.
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials.
- Memberships to relevant professional bodies and associations (where applicable).
- Evidence of publications where required.
- Recommendation letter (s).
The Successful candidates and will be required to avail the following documents.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or aself-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-CorruptionCommission.
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
- Clearance from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau.Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials,
- and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. All applications should be sent through the recruitment portal (link provided in section 1 abovand in the event of challenges submit the applications in soft copy via email: email@example.com
Applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City
Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.