The team: We are 30+ business & ops specialists, software engineers, and emergency dispatchers based in Nairobi and operating throughout Kenya. We are a goal-driven and results-oriented team focused on the continuous improvement of our technologies and dispatch operations. We value agility, grit, and innovation.
Who you are: As a Key Accounts Executive, your focus will be on retaining and broadening relationships with key rescue.co clients and channel partners.
You will have a large remit to lead and define these relationships. Your performance will be measured by how well you work with clients to grow our member base and product uptake - this requires creativity and initiative. You should have a broad range of experience in relationship management and work well with diverse teams across various sectors.
What you’ll be doing: Developing and expanding relationships with key clients and corporate members as they transition from sales prospects to active users of our products and services.
- Focusing on getting to know our clients. This means understanding their business needs, the broader trends within their industry and how we can serve them best.
- Expanding relationships with key partners. This means being their first point of contact, handling escalations internally and externally, managing ad-hoc queries and regular business meetings.
- Defining and executing on growth opportunities. Using a data-driven approach, you will research and define growth opportunities for key accounts and channel partners. You will work with them to drive these initiatives.
- Managing marketing campaigns. You’ll help create and drive partner marketing campaigns.
Basic requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 7 years client relationship or account management experience, either within a business environment or as part of a consulting team.
- Proven experience in account management, customer success, or marketing.
- Exceptional communication and networking skills.
- Proven track record in working with clients to drive growth for a business or venture.
- Great collaboration skills with a strong independent work ethic.
- Must be highly organised and tech-savvy and able to operate across several accounts and clients at the same time.
Things that will make you stand out:
- Strong knowledge of the insurance sector, in particular health insurance, auto insurance, life insurance.
- Connections and relationships within the startup, insurance, technology, tourism, or professional services sectors in Kenya.