Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of a Lecturer are as follows:
- Teaching and evaluation of undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Setting, moderating, administering, processing and marking examinations
- Advising and mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students on academic matters
- Articulating the Vision and Mission of the University, Department and the Faculty
- Initiating, planning and conducting research
- Developing teaching and learning materials
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students in research activities. Developing research proposals for funding
- Participating in conferences related to research and building inter-disciplinary collaboration within and outside the department
- Participating in preparation of Department and Faculty strategic plans
- Organizing and supervising educational activities for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Attending and participating in seminars, workshops, conferences etc, in relevant fields
- Participating in administrative, academic and consultancy activities in Department and other organizations
- Participating in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of curricula in the Department
- Attending and participating in the Departmental meetings and other activities for effective and efficient management of the Department and Faculty
- Performing any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or delegated by the Head of Department, Dean of Faculty or other Chief Officer of the University in accordance with the University Statutes
- Must have an earned Ph.D. degree in the relevant area or its equivalent from a recognized academic institution
- Must have a Masters degree in the Relevant Specialization from a recognized academic institution
- Must have at least three (3) years of teaching or research experience at University level after obtaining a Masters degree
- Must have at least 24 publication points of which 16 should be from two (2) publications in refereed journals or one (1) book or 2 (two) book chapters in relevant areas.
Interested applicants should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and other relevant testimonials.
A) Three (3) hard copies of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
and Additionally, an electronic copy of the application (Letter, CV, Certificates and Testimonials) in PDF format should be sent to:
Applicants who will be invited for the interview will be required to bring the following:
Clearance certificate from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
To be received on or before 18th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.