Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organization which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949.
Reporting to the Director of National Programs and Quality, the Location Program Director leads the implementation of the organization’s Strategy, Plans, Budgets and Policies; monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning processes; partnership engagement, management and resource mobilization and provides general leadership to the Program location team towards realizing the organization’s Vision and Mission
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
Lead and coordinate program design, planning & budgeting, implementation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting on all location Programs and Operations
- Work with the location program team and NO program managers to identify program priorities for children and youth at the location.
- Lead program design, planning, budgeting and implementation of location programs.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of budgetary, human and other resources to programs in the location as per the approved plans and budgets.
- Work with the national Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and location team to monitor and evaluate program implementation and facilitate re-design where appropriate.
- Lead regular analysis of Budgets versus Actual expenditures on planned actions as per the location plans and budgets and ensure adherence to the approved plans and budgets, taking remedial action to ensure efficient utilization of resources and mitigate against over or underexpenditure.
- Coordinate program reporting to internal audiences (National Office, PSAs, IPD donors, Government and others) in line with the Member Association (MA) and respective donor guidelines.
- Facilitate learning among staff from the program location and other program locations and Member Associations
Lead partnership management and resource mobilization efforts to contribute to the MA’s overall self-sustainability goals.
- Spearhead the identification and formal engagement of local strategic partners (Civil Society Organizations, Government, private sector and others) to advance the MA’s vision, mission and programs in line with the MA’s partnership policy.
- Develop clear Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with each strategic partner detailing clear objectives, roles, responsibilities and contribution to the partnership.
- Work with the location team to manage the partnerships for the mutual benefit of the parties.
- Work with the Fund Development and Communication (FDC) department to develop and implement local fundraising plans to mobilize resources for the location.
- Support development of grant applications aimed at sustaining or expanding the location’s programs in collaboration with the FDC department.
Perform any other reasonable task as assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Required qualifications & experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant social science with at least 8 Years of relevant experience;
- Master's Degree in relevant Social Science with at least 5 Years of relevant experience
- General management, programming and operations.
- Fund development and management.
- Financial and administration management
- Partnership development and management including donor servicing.
Required skill set & Personal Attributes
- Sound understanding of SOS CV Kenya’s vision, mission, principles, work and strategic focus.
- Sound understanding of the international, regional and local child care and protection context including key legal frameworks guiding child rights programming.
- Good people skills and ability to lead and work within teams comprised of members from diverse backgrounds.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a managerial position dealing with program design, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Expertise in the functioning of local and international NGOs and Programming
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- High standards of conduct and ethics as well as integrity, appropriate judgment, independence and confidentiality.
- Personal organization and planning skills; ability to organize and prioritize
- Capable of a rigorous analytical approach and result oriented.
- Ability to place details in a wider context;
- Flexible, resilient and able to manage stress
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application & updated CV (with details of at least 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer) to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 12 th April 2023.