VA/2. (4 Positions-Based in Mombasa, Kisumu, Meru and Nakuru)
Reporting to the Director of Media Training & Development, the MCK Regional Coordinator will oversee activities to ensure MCK presence and that media standards are met in designated area of jurisdiction.
- Act as liaison to strengthen MCK capacity in the designated region and support Media Practitioners to comply with the MCK’s Code of Conduct and report misdemeanour (s) to head office to action;
- Ensure county governments and other Institutions operating in area of respect and uphold the practice of Journalism and free expression;
- Process accreditation requests for onward transmission to head office;
- Manage and monitor resource utilization to leverage available capacities and rationalize regional operations and functions such as Customer Service and Media Analyst for cost efficiencies and the common good of Media enterprises;
- Convene regular business meetings to assess performance and review emerging issues for head office attention;
- Network with county governments and other agencies operating in area of jurisdiction for information that could facilitate the achievement of MCK’s mission of safeguarding media freedom through advocacy and sensitization;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit;
- Represent MCK and participate in meetings of Stakeholders as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Business or other related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Management, Operations, Administration, Field Services or related field.
Skills and competencies:
- Conversant with Media Council Act, 2013
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Performance Management to optimize employee productivity.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical mind and strong data analysis skills.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Applicants meeting desired qualifications should send their applications giving full details of their age, qualifications, experience, present and expected remuneration, full contact address including daytime telephone number, detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials and contact details of three referees.
Applications should indicate position applied for including the reference number and addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Media Council of Kenya
P.O. Box 43132- 00100
Applications can be sent via the following link: www.mediacouncil.or.ke/careers. In which you are required to provide ALL relevant details by 29th September 2020.
Alternatively, candidates can send a mail attaching all documents to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details relating to the vacant position are located in our website www.mediacouncil.or.ke.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification