GRADE 4, (REF: GWASCO/HR/MEO/01/2021/09)
Reports to Technical Manager
Based in Kisii and with regular travels to the field, the M&E Officer will be charged with the role of assisting in all matters regarding Strategic Planning, Projects, Monitoring and Evaluation, Capacity building, Technical representation, responses to company performance, benchmarking and networking at different levels
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities entail
- Defining, assessing, facilitating and developing M&E functions GWASCO.
- Prepare a detailed work plan for the development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) System for GWASCO.
- Developing indicators, data collection monitoring forms and reporting mechanisms.
- Organizing capacity assessments, project data collection activities, analysis, and present programme information to evaluate performance and inform decision-making.
- Establishment of program database system, Management Information Systems (MIS) and ensure its accessibility to all program implementers and partners at all levels.
- Contribute to the design of and conducting surveys and special studies across the zones to assess programme interventions and/or supervise field data collection.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of data collection tools to be used for routine monitoring.
- Facilitate collection of quality data from the different zones and enter these into a central data base under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Contribute to annual programme reviews including review of the M&E Plan.
- Periodically update and maintain the database and manage data in order that it is accessible to staff.Organize and facilitate M&E training workshops for staff and partners and demystify M&E concepts
- Provide M&E information to management and teams for decision making, management and improving programme strategy/interventions.
- To analyses data based on regular monitoring for both learning and reporting purposes as well as providing evidence-based feedback to staff and a wider team.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual reports reflecting project performance and impact result indicators.
- Interpret and disseminate M&E findings vis-à-vis program goals, objectives and activities to different audiences and LVSWWDA.
- Participate in Counties of Nyamira & Kisii wide networks focused on coordination, trends in communities with water & sanitation availability, conservation and innovations. xvii. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job specification: requirements for Appointment (academic/professional qualification/experience)
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Statistics, Environment Management, Engineering, Economics, Social Sciences, Program Management Monitoring and &Evaluation, Strategic Planning.
- At least three years’ professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation programs in Water sector.
- Experience in managing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, soliciting information from individuals of varying socio-economic, ethnic, and linguistic backgrounds;
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills directly related to the work in the water sector, including excellent writing skills;
- Strong computer skill, proficiency in word processing MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access internet use; knowledge in website content management systems and data management software like statistical packages (SPSS and STATA etc.) is an added advantage;
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and attentive to detail;
- Capacity and willingness to produce high quality reports.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms of service
Three Years Contract
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with responsibility of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commi
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for any of the roles above, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card and testimonials from your current or previous employer, clearly indicating your current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 10th February, 2021 at 5:00pm.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked
The Managing Director,
Gusii Water & Sanitation Company Limited. P.O. Box 3880 -40200,
GWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
For more details on GWASCO and the job descriptions for these roles, please log on to www.gwasco.co.ke
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.