Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
At Living Goods we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of 'Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortif...
USAID’s Health System Strengthening (HSS) Vision 2030 draws upon the progress over the past decade and the new challenges that have arisen, while reaffirming USAID’s longer-term goal of worldwide resilient health systems. The vision recognizes that integrated, systems-based approaches for strengthening health systems are now more critical than ever due to COVID-19 and other pandemics and asserts that:
- All people and institutions including communities, health workers, leaders and policy makers should be engaged in HSS efforts.
- Reliable links between the public and private sectors, including communities, lead to stronger health systems.
- Health systems are resilient when they are able to adjust resources, policy and focus to varying degrees to respond to challenges.
- Locally led, inclusive HSS efforts that account for social and behavior change lead to more sustainable results and greater self-reliance.
- Locally designed approaches take into account the unique conditions of country conditions and often result in higher quality health care reaching the most disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Living Goods is undertaking a USAID HSS project, and is seeking to fill the position of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Summary of the Position
Reporting to the MEL Advisor the incumbent will be responsible for driving implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts.
Duties & Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and implement the Project M&E framework
- Provide comprehensive progress reports on the project in collaboration with data specialist
- Collaborate with the MoH and project teams to develop and implement project specific MEL plans
- Collaborate with the MEL advisor team in designing KPIs and targets for the project
- Conduct baseline, midline, and final project evaluation
- Operationalise project research and learning agenda and ensure dissemination of generated research findings
- Conduct data quality assessments and audits
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities
- Provide timely reports for the project review meetings
- Provide direct coaching and reinforcing capacity of all project staff on documentation of key lessons
- Document key lessons learned and best practices
- Ensure gender transformative approaches are incorporated in the project
- Represent the project at national and county including technical working groups, communities of practice, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- A first degree in M&E, Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or a related field.
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage and/or professional certification in MEL or project management.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Professional Certifications/Qualifications: Specialization and/or professional certification in Monitoring and Evaluation
Key Competency Requirements
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to provide guidance on MEL solutions
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support, setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this activity (e.g., performance against each result area) and in the application of statistical methods and database management.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance indicators, assessing, and tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating workshops with different stakeholders with proven ability to distil complex information down to useable and understandable information for stakeholders.
- Experience developing and implementing performance monitoring plans.
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations around M&E and familiarity with USAID’s approach to project management.
- Exceptional technical skills in data management, MEL, survey design, mapping and/or assessment required.
- Exceptional skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office software and data analysis software, such as SPSS or Stata.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability.
- Must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English
- Nationals of Kenya and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods on livinggoods.applytojob.com