- To work with the Senior Officer, Technical Advisor - ITN Campaign Efficiency in support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) project on insecticide-treated net (ITN) campaign efficiency.
- To develop all cloud-based systems for project oversight, monitoring and reporting, including linking financial expenditures with programmatic outputs and setting up visualization for reporting purposes.
- To support other members of the IFRC team with establishing effective project monitoring systems for achieving objectives and ensuring timely high-quality reporting.
- To support achievement of activities under the AMP-BMGF investment grant to ensure that data is available to meet operational guidance targets and support development of updated global recommendations.
- To ensure coordination with other IFRC departments working on similar initiatives (IT/M&E) and collaborate on identifying best practices, challenges and recommendations for improvements that can be applied to the BMGF project.
- To support the management of the AMP website, ensuring that information is available and easily accessible to partners regarding the work of the AMP Partnership globally, as well as specific to the BMGF and New Nets Projects, including ensuring visibility of guidance, policies and ITN campaign tracking information.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
Enable IFRC to be a global leading player in the Community Health sector
- Contribute to and support the work of IFRC at relevant international fora, in publications, conferences and meetings and ensure that key issues and challenges are well presented towards positioning of RCRC as a global leader for reaching the most marginalized and at-risk populations with malaria interventions.
- Contribute to and support malaria activities towards the achievement of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the WHO Global Technical Strategy Targets (including High Burden to High Impact) and other relevant global malaria targets.
- Work closely, with other members of the Community Health Team and with other teams within the Secretariat, to ensure appropriate visibility, resource mobilization and public awareness of the work of IFRC/RCRC
- Support assurance of compliance and accountability on the BMGF grant
- Support implementation and reporting on the BMGF grant
Support National Societies in order to improve performance in Community Health
- Provide support both remotely and through in-country missions as requested from National Societies, including for activities around project design, data collection and management, IT system options, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Support National Societies to develop IT plans and establish new systems for more efficient data collection and management, as well as visualization of project inputs and outcomes
- Support coordination, roll out, monitoring and evaluation of BMGF project activities, participate in final project review meetings and ensure that the project is implemented according to the approved proposal, budget, and timeline
- Contribute to the health themes covered by the Community Health Team including malaria, active outreach (HIV, TB, harm reduction, migrants), immunization and others as applicable, including support to the Team Leader of the Community Health Team to achieve collective objectives
Information systems and M&E for the BMGF project
- Support establishment of the M&E framework for the project in collaboration with BMGF and other project partners
- Work closely with the Senior Officer, Technical Manager - ITN Campaign Efficiency for the BMGF project to develop and launch a project tracker to allow for timely reporting and ensure that the tracker is housed in an online platform easily accessible to all project stakeholders and partners
- Support the Senior Officer, Technical Manager - ITN Campaign Efficiency to monitor progress of activities conducted under the investment grant per project tracker
- Create a project reporting platform to update IFRC/National Societies on all activities supported under the BMGF investment and determine any needs for training and support to IFRC staff on its use
- Support the Senior Officer, Technical Manager - ITN Campaign Efficiency with preparation of monthly progress reports through provision of data and analytics related to the overall project for IFRC, the AMP Core Group and BMGF
- Support preparation of annual reports for the BMGF project in terms of analytics, visualization and presentation of results achieved
- Liaise with IFRC regional and country offices where activities are taking place to in-brief and out-brief on any in-country missions and, otherwise, to provide updates on work being undertaken by IFRC as part of the grant
- Conduct periodic field visits to assess the effectiveness of IT/M&E systems adopted for ITN distribution and how these can further be reinforced
- Provide technical advice on IT/M&E initiatives supported under the BMGF investment to NMCPs, National Societies and partners
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
- Support organization and implementation of TA provider training sessions, annual project review meetings and other workshops and meetings, particularly virtual meeting management
- Support management of the AMP website and develop a plan for regular updates, interest stories, announcements of new guidance, improved visibility of core guidance, etc.
- Support refining, populating and updating of the ITN campaign tracker
- Develop a plan for IFRC-AMP staff capacity-building on IT and for any computer-based support that may be required and organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on IT as required
- Develop a mock-up of a BMGF project section for the AMP website and a plan for regular updates on progress against targets for the different workstreams
- Undertake other duties as instructed by the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead to support team, project and departmental objectives
Support to BMGF project workstreams
The Information Systems and M&E Officer will work directly with the Technical Manager for the BMGF project and the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead to support achievement of high-quality deliverables across seven workstreams:
- ITN quantification
- Household registration and quality control for improving efficiency
- Determining cost-effective means for post-distribution assessments of coverage and use
- Analysis of options to guide investment in digital tools used for ITN delivery
- Development and validation of revised global operational recommendations for multi-product ITN campaigns based on expanded country experience
- Develop operational guidance for countries for sustained ITN access and use based on WHO or other microstratification data
- AMP COVID-19/Malaria Activities
Specific tasks related to support for achievement of deliverables across workstreams may include:
- Support the compilation of tools, materials and data from technical assistance providers and NMCPs and ensure that all examples are housed in a central location and available to all project partners
- Support data cleaning as needed
- Support the review of Global Fund applications submitted for funding from 2021-2023 and summarize the number that plan for paper versus digital data collection for mass campaigns
- Build the database of countries transitioning to electronic systems for data collection and track how systems are implemented / changes made to inform operational guidance development; link tracking of digital tools to the overall ITN campaign tracker
- Establish an online repository of different tools and outputs of the project that can be accessed by NMCP and partners
- Support the collection of partner information inputs for digitalization, including from Red Rose, DHSE and other sources of digitalization expertise applicable to ITN campaigns
- Provide expert guidance on the advantages and challenges of digital tools for ITN campaigns
- Support identification of IT solutions for social and behaviour change (SBC) for increasing ITN use, including advantages/disadvantages and cost implications of different options
- Support development of algorithms, operational considerations or recommendations and case studies for the different workstreams, including how to best present the information
Duties and Responsibilities continue in the Comments section
- University degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, monitoring and evaluation, data systems, information and communication technology or related field
- Advanced certificate in IT, M&E, statistics or other relevant subject
- At least three years' work on projects or programs using digital data collection or supporting transition of systems
- Experience with creating platforms and working solutions for virtual teams
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages, including development of high-quality reporting using data and analytics
- Experience with website development and maintenance
- Experience with computer networking and hardware and/or software development
- Experience with use of digital tools for campaign delivery of health or other interventions (e.g. measles, food, etc.)
- Experience working with IFRC or Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and research skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities
- Knowledge of different data visualization tools available, advantages and disadvantages and ability to put them into action
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as in teams, to achieve project objectives
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Continuation of Duties and Responsibilities
Contribute to delivering quality operations
- Under the direction of the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead, ensure that tools, guidelines and projects in the team are based on evidence, applicable international standards and follow a resilience-based health approach
- Support development and implementation of global strategies and tools for malaria prevention with ITNs, in particular digital solutions
Contribute to an effective, high quality IFRC team:
- Be accountable to the AMP Operations Manager, Senior Technical Lead by providing progress reports on results against objectives and risk analysis
- Be flexible in your work definition according to needs and targets and improve team efficiencies and effectiveness within available resources
- Be a proactive team member fostering a customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation, high performance and cost effectiveness