Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The East African Community (EAC) is a regional intergovernmental organisation of 6 Partner States: the Republics of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda, with its headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To coordinate efficient financial resource utilization and ensure that all payments are made in compliance with rules and regulations
Duties and responsibilities:
- Interpret and render advice on all the policies and regulations of the Community pertaining to financial management;
- Undertake management accounting and preparation of final accounts and statements;
- Authorize payment and maintaining financial contribution records;
- Prepare and submit annual budgets, work plans and demand notes;
- Implement recommendations arising out of audit reports;
- Ensure accuracy of the monthly payroll;
- Negotiate bank commission rates and fixed deposit interest rates;
- Monitor financial utilization of funds on bank accounts;
- Reconcile and maintain of General ledger accounts;
- Provide accurate, timely, reliable financial information as well as timely submission of annual financial statements of accounts; and
- Perform other related duties assigned by the Deputy Executive Secretary.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- A Masters’ degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent qualification from a recognised university with certification in any of the following: Chartered Accountant (ACCA/ACA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience, with five (5) years at a senior level,
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate modern accounting software,
- Proficiency in computerized accounting packages
- Very good communication skills (verbal, written and presentation);
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- In-depth experience of accounting principles and international accounting standards (IPSA); Proficiency in Computerized accounting packages (Sunsystems)
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th November, 2022
Candidates who have already applied for this position are required to re-apply.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
All Applications MUST STRICTLY:
- have EAC application form, CV, application letter, ID ;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the job reference number;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- provide referees.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int