Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions.
JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 06’ (2 POSTS)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 56,370 x 2,170 – 59,120 x 2,550 – 62,040 x 3,080 – 65,120 x 3,440 – 68,560 x
3,590 – 72,150 x 3,790 – 75,940 x 3,800 – 79,740 x 3,810 – 83,550 x 3,810 – 87,360 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- An Officer at this level will be deployed to deputize the head of Accounting Unit or head the following sections Budget, Debt Management and Revenue. Specific duties will entail:-
- Provide advisory services to Departmental heads and other stakeholders on financial matters;
- Interpret and implement financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Ensure expenditures are within the voted allocations;
- Develop supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Participate and provide advice as expected of the office in Tender Committees, projects committees, and County Committees;
- Prepare management and financial reports which include monthly expenditure, returns, monthly bank reconciliation statements revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc. and maintenance of up to-date and accurate books of accounts; and
- Safeguard Government Assets and records
- For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Chief Accountant, Job Group ‘CPSB 07’ (JG ‘M’) or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination;
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent; and
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before Thursday 19th February, 2021 at 11.59 P.M. N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e. email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.