Ref: Ref: HR/7/PE/2023/04
Duties and responsibilities will entail: -
- Ensuring development and implementation of publication policies and procedures;
- Recommending for approval all publications before printing to Ensuring they meet all the set standards;
- Receiving manuscripts from the principal analyst quality assurance and assess them for completeness;
- Carrying out editorial activities on received manuscripts;
- Overseeing the publication process;
- Building capacity for researchers to develop and publish their research outputs;
- Appraisal of staff in the division; and
- Preparing divisional work plans and reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: - Information Science, Publishing, Communication, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Information Science, Publishing, Communication Studies, Knowledge Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Minimum six (6) year experience in copy editing for the print media;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and affiliation where applicable;
- Computer Skills in desktop publishing software’s; and
- Fulfil the requirement of chapter six (6) of the constitution.
The public is notified of the following:
Detailed job descriptions, requirements, and how to apply are available on the website https://recruit.kippra.or.ke/
All applications MUST be received on or before 28th February 2023 by 5:00 pm.
KIPPRA is an equal-opportunity employer. Persons with disability, females, marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply.
There are NO fees charged by KIPPRA for any application for these positions.
Canvassing for any of these positions will result in the disqualification of the candidate.
Applicants who applied previously for the readvertised positions are encouraged to apply.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews.
- National Identity Card.
- Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts.
- Any other supporting documents and testimonials.
- Memberships to relevant professional bodies and associations (where applicable).
- Evidence of publications where required.
- Recommendation letter (s).
The Successful candidates and will be required to avail the following documents.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board.
- Clearance from Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate).
- Printed Online Self-Declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or aself-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-CorruptionCommission.
- Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate).
- Clearance from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau.Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, copies of certificates & testimonials,
- and duly filled personal data form which can be downloaded from the Institute’s website. All applications should be sent through the recruitment portal (link provided in section 1 abovand in the event of challenges submit the applications in soft copy via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
The Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis,
Upper Hill, Bishop Gardens Towers, 2nd Floor Bishop Road,
P.O. Box 56445, Nairobi, 00200 City
Square, Tel: 2719933/4, Fax 2719951
Late applications will not be accepted, and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.