Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Officer is responsible for assisting in the effective implementation of the functions of procurement and Logistical services. The Procurement Officer promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality, and result-oriented approach in the Procurement Unit. Key activities responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
- Centralize the program supply chain by setting up effective order management systems at the Site level for all local and Secretariat Office
- Through guidance and support from the Operations Manager, ensure procurement practices are compliant with AHF practices
- Organize the procurement of items based on authorized Supply request and approved budget as requested by the budget holder and ensure AHF procedures are followed in the procurement chain cycle
- Participate in procurement planning with other departments to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
- Supports the Operations Manager in soliciting, compiling, and analyzing bids and generation of LPO and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests
- Responds to supplier inquiries regarding order status, changes, or cancellations
- Contacts suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
- Reviews requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications
- Calculates costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to Finance Officer
- Checks deliveries/ shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that goods meet specifications
- Compares suppliers’ bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy as required
- Maintains knowledge of all AHF and PR-NCHADS rules affecting purchases, and provides information about these rules to AHF staff members and to vendors
- Monitors in-house inventory movement and completes inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping purposes and updates inventory monthly.
- Monitors contractor performance, recommending contract modifications when necessary
- Prepares invitation to propose or quote forms (RFQs), and mail forms to suppliers firms or distribute forms for public posting
- Assists in maintaining the fixed assets of head office and OI/ART sites.
- Updates and informing Procurement Committee of conditions of assets (both head office and OI/ART sites)
- Assists Procurement Committee in producing quotation and summarises the qualities and prices of the quotations before submitting to the procurement committee for considerations as required
- Assists Procurement Committee in preparing the required documents and processing the purchase
- Assists Finance Officer in preparing the Semi/Annual report regarding fix asset/procurement.
- Maintain appropriate files and records, both soft and hard copies, to ensure that procurement process, decisions, contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose
- Assist with implementing the procurement process as per AHF and Donor regulations and processes, includes arrange and facilitate various meetings (procurement committee meetings, meetings with operations staff, meetings with suppliers and service providers, other internal and external meetings)
- Monitors the implementation of the Standard Operations Procedures within units under his/her supervision.
- Manages the asset and low-value registers of the program ensuring they are timely updated
- Manage procurement documents and keep them in safe custody.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement or Business Administration or Finance
- Minimum of at least 5 years experience in a related field.
- Experience with international non-governmental organizations is preferred.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, Excel), emails, and able to easily navigate the Internet
- Good in spoken and written English and Swahili
- Must be of unquestionable integrity and upholds ethical business practices
- Must be certified with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
· Needs to be sensitive to patient population and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
· Pro-active approach and flexible attitude to work.
· Flexible, self-motivating, and ability to organize work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information in a timely and effective manner
- Understanding AHF’s mission & operations
- Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
- Building collaborative relationships
- Proficiency in use of information technology
The deadline is 11th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. AHF is an equal opportunity employer.