Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
OUR MISSION End violent conflict. It’s our purpose — our call to action. Instead of tearing down an existing world, we focus on constructing a new one. We do this through a type of peacebuilding called conflict transformation. Meaning: we look to change the everyday interactions between groups of people in conflict, so they can work together t...
Read more about this company
Search for Common Ground seeks an expert in US government compliance, financial oversight and subaward management for the position of Project Finance Officer, Global Projects. This position, under supervision of the Project Finance Manager, Global Projects, will oversee the financial management and compliance function of global projects as well as a global Rapid Response Fund. In this role, the Officer will focus on providing a day-to-day support to the Rapid Response Fund, reviewing budgets, oversight for financial vetting of new RRF sub awardees and the review of vetting documentations, prepare contracts, agreements, or purchase order, submit necessary documentations for payment and review of sub awardees’ quarterly financial reports and invoices, maintain program budgets as well as update forecast, track spending on project and review for accuracy and monitor compliance with Search and Donor rules and regulations, prepare donor reports, coordinate audits, etc.
The position reports to the Project Finance Manager, Global Projects, and will work in very close coordination (dotted line) with the Senior Manager, Global Programs. The position can be based in our headquarters in Washington, DC or in any of the countries where Search has a presence and requests for remote work options may be considered. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Lead and assist with the financial management of the Global projects under supervision of the Project Finance Manager, Global Projects, in close collaboration with Senior Manager, Global Programs
- Provide financial oversight for the Rapid Response Fund mechanism, oversee the financial vetting of Rapid Response Fund partners, ensure that all the financial vetting documentations for each stream of funding is received and approved in a timely manner, prepare and submit requests for approval and follow up with the Finance team.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are conducted in accordance with Search and donor regulations
- Provide the project team with timely and solutions-oriented finance support within a complex global project.
- Support Project Finance Manager, Global Projects to identify and provide necessary financial management support for the global projects.
- Work in collaboration with program staff to provide technical assistance and capacity-building support for global grantees related to the US Government federal assistance award regulations, including input on the enhancement of financial policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with program staff to support the day-to-day oversight for the Rapid Response Fund.
- Ensure due diligence is conducted for all new Rapid Response Fund recipients.
- Review financial reports and documents related to the Rapid Response Fund, ensure that they are received in a timely manner and all deliverables are met before initiating payment.
- Leads on regular monthly budget versus actuals (BVA) review meetings, cost work plan review, management analysis of projections.
- Review sub-grantee reports and supporting documentation and ensure timely liquidation of the advances
- Support Project Finance Manager in preparing donor reports
- Liaising with the regional offices for the financial reports of the global project from the country offices
- Keep track of audit requirements and coordinate with the regional finance team as required during audits of the global projects
- Conduct pre-audit checks to ensure the project is audit ready
- Support in analyzing liquidity status of the projects and closing grants in the accounting software upon completion of the grant period
- Support Project Finance Manager, Global Projects in ensuring quarterly revenue forecasts of the global project on time
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and Search internal controls.
- Participate in and facilitate finance workshops and training as needed;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications;
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
- The Officer may be expected to provide support to other ongoing USG projects managed out of DC as well.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Initiates brainstorming or problem-solving meetings. With time in the job, develops skills for analyzing and communicating program successes and failures; reports lessons learned to the team and other members.
- Demonstrates appreciation for diversity of thought. Builds cross-functional relationships with other functional departments.
- Demonstrates ability to be adaptable and willing to confront and change own ideas and preconceptions with the resiliency and flexibility to make changes based on hearing a diversity of thoughts.
- Drafts team documents, briefing materials, and presentations. Articulates program/project objectives and how they fit into a team’s goals and/or Search’s mission and adapts to the communications setting.
- Applies standards, identifies areas for standardization, and coordinates across functions from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Takes into account the environmental landscape, assesses one's own and others' viewpoints in their environment, and proposes solutions from an ethical perspective.
- Recognizes the options available for solving problems, conducts analyses, and calculates metrics and other technical tools to support informed decision making.
- Conducts Quality Control of team documents, briefing materials, presentations, and systems data. Carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of information in work reports, management information systems, or with other individuals and groups. Checks the accuracy of one’s own and others’ work. Proactively informs management of potential risks and concerns; suggests resolutions.
- Independently prioritizes time to reach deadlines and reaches end results of assignments with ability to accomplish multiple steps with limited to no supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance with 6 years of relevant work experience in the international NGO sector
- Prior experience working on Rapid Response Fund mechanism is strongly preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and grants management.
- Experience working in a grants implemented in multiple countries
- Willingness to travel in challenging contexts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively to work with a diverse team, with attention to mentorship and professional development of staff;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Fluency in French is a strong advantage
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.