To support REDAVIA on its steep growth curve, REDAVIA is recruiting a Mobilization Manager, based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a target start date in December 2019.
The Mobilization Manager will be responsible for:
Mobilize containerized solar power plants:
- Plan and execute mobilization / re-mobilization of Redavia solar farms
- Train and oversee subcontractor teams to install solar plants
- Carry out electrical connections of each plant installation
- Install, configure and test communications and monitoring equipment
- Test, commission and obtain acceptance by the customer
- Handover completed installations along with As-built drawings to Asset Management team
- Manage plant decommissioning, re-packing and shipping to new sites
- Monitor and control budgets
Continually improve your work area:
- Help implement automated business processes
- Improve commissioning QA procedures
- Train local partner installers
- Help produce installation and training manuals
Support other teams:
- Provide product development feedback to the product team
- Information sharing to support the sales team
- Coordinate effectively with the operations team
- Feedback suggestions to the management team
The ideal candidate for this position:
Has experience with:
- Workflow management (Gantt charts)
- Managing electrical sub-contractors
- On-the-job training and supervision
- Testing and quality control
- Managing budgets and timelines
- Electrical commissioning formalities
Solar and electrical engineering:
- Building and commissioning solar PV installations
- Installation of grid and diesel genset-driven electrical systems
- Installation and commissioning of electrical controls systems
- Electrical installation and electrical safety qualifications
- Configuring monitoring equipment and internet routers
- Drafting of electrical drawings.
- Safety first: Consistently applies REDAVIA’s Health, Safety, Social Impact and Environmental Impact guidelines
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Non-hierarchical attitude and strong team spirit
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Continuous improvement: Manages day-to-day operations “Hands-on” and improves business processes with “bird’s eye”
- Enjoys working independently within a globally connected team
- Bridges between international and local cultural and professional expectations
- Affinity with renewable energy
- Drive to make the world a better place
- Fluent English and Kiswahili. French and/or German skills an advantage.
- Project management: Formal PMP or other project management training as evidenced by certificates an advantage
- Electrical engineering: Electrical Engineering degree desired, Kenyan T3 Solar installation license required. Medium Voltage installation licenses an advantage.
- Controls and Communications: Training/certificates related to setting-up and testing controls and communications systems
- Computer literacy and comfort, especially cloud computing and digital process management.
- Drafting experience with AutoCAD would be a plus.
What we offer:
REDAVIA is revolutionizing the energy supply for emerging and frontier markets, creating unparalleled environmental and development impact at scale. We offer the Mobilization Manager the opportunity to make a difference in a professional, non-hierarchical, and friendly work environment: Work that matters in an enjoyable team.
If you are eager to take this opportunity to put a dent in the universe, please send us your resume and a short introductory email (in English) to TeamKenya@RedaviaSolar.com. We hope to hear from you!