Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Businesses today are adopting the cloud for improved services to their customers. Our purpose is to guide companies on that journey to drive the adoption of DevSecOps so that our clients can remain ahead of the curve. We have an intense focus on engineering fundamentals, whether Developer and Security Operations, Cloud Native Transformation Strategy or Softw...
About the role
We are looking for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our Professional Services team. We are a small and nimble team, working on multiple projects in the Software, DevOps and Security space. Our clients rely on our technical expertise and ability to deliver value.
As part of the Software Engineering team, you will build software solutions across a multitude of domains, ensuring that each project is done with scalability, maintainability, performance, security and operational excellence in mind. You will also assist in debugging and troubleshooting applications when issues arise in a timely fashion. And continuously innovate: Search for a better solution. Then top it!
You will report to a Software Engineering Manager who is on a mission to deliver high-value projects built to world-class engineering standards.
What you will be doing:
- Demonstrate the ability to pick up more complex software development tasks.
- Supports and guides the team to deliver quality code while participating in code reviews.
- Write clean and efficient code for backend and front-end applications.
- Work with SQL and non-relational database management systems.
- Ability to Interact or consume APIs and help design new API services.
- Participate in the continuous integration and delivery of applications.
- Assist in debugging and troubleshooting applications when issues arise in a timely fashion
- Contribute to client meetings and deliver the best service and technology solutions
- Log timesheets on Forecast.app for the billing of clients.
- Participate in the designing of an architecture that meets the requirements of the problem.
- Contribute to mentoring of Interns, Juniors, and Intermediates in order to help accelerate their technical growth.
- Consistently writes high-quality production-ready code that is easily testable, reusable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Contribute to documentation, functional specifications, and design documents using the modern engineering practices and leveraging the industry-leading technology.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of quality code practices including, but not limited to, practicing test-driven development by writing unit, integration & end to end test.
What you must have:
- At least 5 years of experience as a full stack developer.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and experience with modern .NET (>= v6)
- Strong understanding of REST API design concepts & implementation in .NET
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as Angular JS, and React (Must have).
- Familiarity with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with testing methodologies and implementation
- Experience building reliable and resilient applications at scale within a microservices environment
- Good understanding of architectural patterns and when to apply them
- Knowledge of cloud-native architecture
For us to achieve our ambitious vision together as a team, It is important for our Martians to lead at all levels, be self starters who take initiative and put their hands up for challenging tasks. A growth mindset is important to us and we encourage all our Martians to openly share knowledge, support and help each other, ask questions, get creative with new technologies and learn from setbacks.
Becoming a Martian means:
- Comfortably working and learning from a fully remote, culturally diverse team based predominantly in South Africa and Nigeria.
- Being an open, honest and respectful communicator.
- You enjoy asking questions, identifying areas of improvement and proposing solutions, no matter your job title or whether you have been with us for a day, a month or years!
- You are comfortable taking initiative and operating independently.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, where change is constant.
- You find it exciting to work with various clients, from different industries, each with a different problem for you and your team to solve.
- Intentionally sharing tech and industry trends that excite you with your peers.
- Seeking continuous feedback and actively taking steps to continuously grow personally and professionally.