Energy is one of the key enablers of the Vision 2030 and energy security remains a matter of national national priority. The Second Medium Plan 2013-2017 identifies energy as one of the enablers for transformation into “a newly-industrializing, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens in a clean and secure environme...
Read more about this company
VACANCY NO. 05/2021: SENIOR SUPERINTENDING ENGINEER (ELECTRICAL),CSG 8 (JG N)
No of Positions: 4
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary: Ksh.49,000 – 87,360 p.m
House allowance: Ksh.35,000p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.8,000p.m
Leave allowance: Ksh.6,000p.a
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:
- Served in the grade of Assistant Engineer I (Electrical), CSG 9 or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for at least three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Current valid annual Practicing Licence from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Corporate Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Attended Senior Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution; and
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of electrical services programmes.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Supervising the monitoring and evaluation of power transmission and distribution projects;
- Participating in updating of the Least Cost Power Development Plan;
- Participating in development of energy sector cooperation frameworks and protocols with regional Governments and international bodies;
- Participating in capacity testing and commissioning of Regional Interconnectivity projects.
- Participating in promotion of strategies that will minimize international energy trade barriers, attract investments and facilitate exchange of information and data;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of Rural Electrification Projects;
- Participating in the commissioning of power projects;
- Assisting in managing of the National Electrification Fund; and
- Participating in updating the National Electricity Master Plan.
Applications are invited from qualified and competent serving Officers in the Public Service for the advertised vacant positions listed below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows;
By completing the PSC (2) (revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke
The Ministry of Energy website: www.energy.go.ke.
The completed applications forms together with certified copies of certificates should be sent to;
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Energy
P.O. Box 30582- 00100,
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand Delivered to the Office of the Director, HRM&D, Kawi Complex Block A, South C, 1st Floor.
All applications should be received on or before Wednesday 3rd, March, 2021.
- Candidates should ‘Not’ attach any original documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution, Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya diverse communities and affording equal opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and Persons with Disabilities. Hence, Persons with Disability, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original National ID, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview