Energy is one of the key enablers of the Vision 2030 and energy security remains a matter of national national priority. The Second Medium Plan 2013-2017 identifies energy as one of the enablers for transformation into “a newly-industrializing, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens in a clean and secure environme...
Read more about this company
VACANCY NO. 04/2021: SENIOR SUPERINTENDING ENGINEER (MECHANICAL),CSG 8 (JG N)
No of Positions: 4
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary: Ksh.49,000 – 87,360 p.m
House allowance: Ksh.35,000p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.8,000p.m
Leave allowance: Ksh.6,000p.a
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- Served for at least three (3) years in the grade of Assistant Engineer I (Mechanical), CSG 9 or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Current valid annual Practicing Licence from the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Corporate Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Attended Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of power generation projects.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Reviewing of Environmental Impact Assessment report studies related to power generation projects;
- Monitoring and evaluation of power generation projects;
- Assisting in the development of technical specifications related to the procurement of power generation projects;
- Assisting in the energy policy formulation;
- Assisting in Tariff studies;
- Participating in the Least Cost Power Development Plan;
- Assisting in the development of technical standards in collaboration with KEBS; and
- Participating in appraisal of power generation projects.
Applications are invited from qualified and competent serving Officers in the Public Service for the advertised vacant positions listed below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows;
By completing the PSC (2) (revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke
The Ministry of Energy website: www.energy.go.ke.
The completed applications forms together with certified copies of certificates should be sent to;
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Energy
P.O. Box 30582- 00100,
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand Delivered to the Office of the Director, HRM&D, Kawi Complex Block A, South C, 1st Floor.
All applications should be received on or before Wednesday 3rd, March, 2021.
- Candidates should ‘Not’ attach any original documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution, Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya diverse communities and affording equal opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and Persons with Disabilities. Hence, Persons with Disability, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original National ID, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview