Energy is one of the key enablers of the Vision 2030 and energy security remains a matter of national national priority. The Second Medium Plan 2013-2017 identifies energy as one of the enablers for transformation into “a newly-industrializing, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens in a clean and secure environme...
Read more about this company
VACANCY NO. 01/2021: SENIOR SUPERINTENDING GEOLOGIST (ENERGY), CSG 8 (JG N)
No of Positions: 2
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary: Ksh.49,000 – 87,360 p.m
House allowance: Ksh.35,000p.m
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.8,000p.m
Leave allowance: Ksh.6,000p.a
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- Served in the grade of Geologist I (Energy),CSG 9 for at least three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: Geology, Engineering Geology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Geo-science or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Registration by Geologists Registration Board (GRB) and valid membership of Geological Society of Kenya (GSK);
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Designing and managing geological field projects ;
- Carrying out geological explorations related to geo-energy resources;
- Implementing geological exploration standards and guidelines;
- Co-ordinating and compiling geological exploration reports;
- Ensuring conformity to legislation and statutes related to geological exploration in geo-energy sector;
- Analyzing geological samples/data;
- Interpreting data and preparing geological exploration reports;
- Implementing recommendations of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment reports; and
- Ensuring proper management of resources.
Applications are invited from qualified and competent serving Officers in the Public Service for the advertised vacant positions listed below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows;
By completing the PSC (2) (revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke
The Ministry of Energy website: www.energy.go.ke.
The completed applications forms together with certified copies of certificates should be sent to;
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Energy
P.O. Box 30582- 00100,
Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand Delivered to the Office of the Director, HRM&D, Kawi Complex Block A, South C, 1st Floor.
All applications should be received on or before Wednesday 3rd, March, 2021.
- Candidates should ‘Not’ attach any original documents to the application form. All details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Ministry is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution, Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya diverse communities and affording equal opportunities to Men and Women, Members of all Ethnic groups and Persons with Disabilities. Hence, Persons with Disability, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce their original National ID, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview