As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for a high performing and versatile test automation engineer to lead development of our automation frameworks, and be accountable for their successful uptake across the testing team.
In this position on the test engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to set the future direction of our test automation strategies. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to):
Core Technology: AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
Test Engineering: Maven, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman,Newman, JMeter
- Build automation tools and test automation frameworks from scratch
- Work closely with software engineers to understand KOKO’s systems and applications specifications before designing and developing comprehensive test automation suites with thought through scenarios and test data.
- Design and develop test automation frameworks for both Web UI and mobile.
- Work with the team to identify opportunities for automated test execution and drive adoption of automated testing and tools through the product/project lifecycle.
- With hands-on scripting abilities, build scripts for automating repeated manual processes that may be part of software development lifecycle.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate their adoption at KOKO
- Conduct POCs for technology and tools evaluation to ensure they are a good fit for KOKO’s requirements.
- Support agile activities: sprint planning, stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospectives.
- Work with limited direction, within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with the team and technology partners.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in automation development, application analysis/design, development, testing and business system analysis.
- Hands on experience in building test automation with tools such as Selenium, Test NG, Cucumber, Postman etc.
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL is a plus.
- Experience working with Performance and load testing tools such as JMeter, Gatling or equivalent is a plus.
- Strong interest in new automation technology and trends with the ability to relate concepts to practical application
- Expertise with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and project/requirements management tools like JIRA, Zephyr.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Able to proficiently multi-task and deliver within a fast-paced agile delivery model.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
What We Offer
We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans in Kenya and beyond. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having high impact through their work.
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job - a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!