Supporting the fundraising team via provision of necessary marketing and other such materials required for them to successfully approach donors projects:
- The successful applicant will need to have competent graphic design skills so as to be able to aid the Fundraising Manager in the creation of materials such as PowerPoint presentations, invitations, flyers, specific fundraising presentations and other such handouts based on text provided to them by the fundraising team. The creation of promotional materials is a key part of this position.
- Managing SFG’s external designers on the production of larger and more complex materials such as brochures, impact reports, annual reports and the like.
Administrative and logistical support
Support the Fundraising Team on a day-to-day basis, this includes but is not limited to:
- Arranging local and international travel
- Arranging local and international accommodation
- Organising meetings
- Calendar management
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
Main point of contact and interface between the Fundraising Department and the below, ensuring meetings are scheduled, minuted and action points followed up and executed:
- Partner organisations
Coordination of the weekly fundraising calls, including preparing required documentation (i.e. pulling the necessary documents from salesforce for the team to go through)
Facilitating co-ordination and communication within the organisation:
- Facilitate information sharing and communication from the Fundraising Department throughout the organisation
- Facilitate information sharing and communication from the Fundraising Department to external stakeholders and partners
- Support the Fundraising Manager in managing the expenses of the Fundraising Department against the standard operating procedures.
- Helping ensure the Fundraising Department is efficient, cost-effective and responsive to the needs of Space for Giants
Event organisation and support
In association with the Fundraising Manager and the wider fundraising team, support the delivery of Space for Giants events both in Kenya and internationally. This includes key support in areas such as:
- Invitation management (including sending out of invitations, RSVPs, attendee requirements and the like)
- Liaising with sub contractors
- Venue identification and booking
- Willingness to be in person at the event to provide assistance on the day (which may require international travel)
Uphold Space for Giants’ culture and values
- Abide by Space for Giants’ Governance documents.
- Abide by Space for Giants’ Equality, Diversity & Inclusion programme.
- Conduct oneself and encourage team behaviour to create awareness and reinforce Space for Giants’ Organisational Vision and Values.
- Maintain professional and respectful relationships with stakeholders that include, but is not limited to, SFG staff, donors, board members, partners and Community members.
Any other relevant tasks related to the role as directed by the Fundraising Manager
- Associate’s degree and a minimum of three years’ related experience
- Experience as an office/administration manager
- Competent graphic design skills
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally-diverse team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A commitment to performing with a team mentality
- Experience in the conservation sector
- Knowledge of Google Suite/Drive, analysis in Google sheets, and of CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated experience in the international development sector
- An understanding of fundraising practices and principles
- Uphold the cultural values and code of conduct of Space for Giants: Passion, Integrity, Respect, Sustainability, and Innovation.
- This is a full-time position. You may be required to work long hours beyond the traditional 8:00am to 5:00pm as and when submission deadlines require. Additional work hours may be required on occasion so as to fulfil responsibilities.
- You must be ready to travel domestically and internationally.
- You must be willing to work in variable conditions, including when in the field
- The position will start immediately when the successful applicant has been selected and is available to take up the position.