Please Note that you will be required to have a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance as part of the selection process.
Reporting to : Supply Chain Manager
Grade Level : 14
Purpose of Position
To carry out procurement activities for goods and services as per laid down procurement policies procedures and processes while maintaining high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
- Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
- Identify alternative supply sources for materials / services not under contract
- Ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
- Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
Strategic Sourcing 10%
- Execute the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process as per the set guidelines based on the set guidelines for the assigned categories.
- Manage the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies as per the approved framework for the assigned categories.
- Lead negotiations for the assigned Categories.
- Supervise the Sourcing events and Assistance work relating to sourcing.
- Preparation of Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process.
- Facilitate Purchasing Committee meetings and ensure that proper documentation is maintained.
Supplier contact relationship and management 10%
- Accurately complete the master data management form (or contract/supplier register)
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, renewal or retender, as appropriate for the assigned commodities.
- Ensure that contractual conditions and performance indicators are understood by the suppliers.
- Identify & resolve or escalate contract-related issues both internally and externally.
- Analyze supplier performance based on customer feedback information & other sources and coordinate with supplier for improvement.
Procurement Execution 20%
- Receive incoming Purchase Requisitions (Pending Buyer Action), verify specifications are clear, conduct sourcing event if required items are not already on contract, update the PR with actual supplier record and release PR for approval.
- Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold.
- Manage PO Change requests coordinating with Requesters, Budget Owners and Suppliers
- Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.
Data Management and analysis 10%
- Collect and analyze organization-wide data to support decision-making
- Provide support in the design of the business metrics to monitor SCM performance and alerting management when the performance trigger is violated
- Conduct spend analysis to support strategic sourcing activities, and Supplier Relationship Management
- Prepare summary report of supplier bid responses for Procurement Committee award decision meetings
- Track and analyze procurement performance and savings against established target levels
Process, Procedure and Policy 10%
- Conduct all procurement related tasks as per the approved procurement policies, processes and guidelines.
- Advice management regarding any challenge / risks / impractical guidelines.
- Collect customer feedback relating to the policies, processes and guidelines, and report to NO Management for improvements or change,
- Review with Partners / Sub-Grantees, their SCM Policies, procedures and etc. to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
Systems Development & Implementation 5%
Control & Compliance 10%
- Conduct supplier pre-qualification for all new-suppliers and maintain records.
- Participate in development of risk identification & assessment tools, registers and other tools and assessing SCM and contractual risks for procurements of goods, works or services.
- Maintain proper filing and record keeping as per the guidelines set by the management.
- Coordinate with Requesters to close out open POs in a timely manner.
- Implementation of agreed audit recommendations in the procurement process as per the guidance given by the HoD.
- Participate in process to Review Partners / Sub-Grantees, internal control system in the procurement process to identify any gaps, document them under assessment reports, and capture under capacity building plans.
- Periodically monitor the progress on implementation of recommendations and update the management of all parties.
Training and capacity building 10%
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain Staff and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems
- Conduct Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building plans as per set framework / guidelines.
- Train the Partners / Sub-Grantees based on the approved capacity building plan, monitor progress. Coordinate with internal stakeholders in monitoring the progress and submit progress reports to the management.
- Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor or designee
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- University degree in Business Administration, Procurement or similar degree, or equivalent experience
- Post graduate qualification in Purchasing and Supplies Management from CIPS Level 6
- At least 4 years’ experience in Procurement or Supply Chain
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in MS Office.
- Experience in working with Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP’s)
- A member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good interpersonal and organizing skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working in the INGO at a similar role is an added advantage