Job Description The position reports to the General Manager. The incumbent will manage all ICT services and provide strategic and technical input into product development for the Kenya Market.. Moreover s/he will draft and enforce the ICT and Information Security Policy. This position is responsible for establishment of a robust ICT infrastructure, relationship management of the outsourced core banking platform, in-country support for the core banking platform and related systems, desktop and network support and ensuring SLAs are set up for efficient services delivery by both internal departments and external parties. The Technology and Product Officer is also responsible for conceptualizing and preparing technical specifications for new and enhanced products for the market.
- Identify new and enhanced product opportunities for the market, prepare technical specifications and work with the group technology team to implement.
- Define specifications for local hardware and software.
- Installing computer hardware, computer hardware and operating systems.
- Providing local support for the outsourced Core Banking Platform and related systems (Accounting, IFRS 9, e.t.c.)
- Logging any malfunctions of the ICT systems with group Engineering team for urgent resolution and advising customers on how to troubleshoot application malfunctions.
- Document all user problems and queries and maintain the same in a database for follow-ups and data mining for continuous improvement
- Ensuring there is an appropriate Disaster Recovery plan in place which is regularly tested and effective.
- Defining user ICT standards and security measures.
- Effecting preventive and corrective maintenance through scheduled maintenance schedules and responses in line with the agreed TATs respectively.
- Draft and implement the Information Security Policy and procedures.
- Ensure measures are in place to enhance the confidentiality, Integrity and availability of the Bank's information.
- Ensure MIS reports are available on time for regulatory reporting and for internal use.
- Ensure that regular systems upgrades including system software upgrades are effected for optimum performance;
- Work with the group Engineering and product teams to provide critical inputs for system upgrades, new peripheral systems and new products.
- Identify and propose new partnerships which will add value to the existing systems and products and improve our competitive advantage.
- Define and set up the appropriate communication infrastructure to aid communication within the Bank and with external parties within the set boundaries and in compliance with the Information Security Policy.
Qualifications And Experience
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or computer science from a recognized university;
- Must demonstrate innovation and creativity;
- Must have ability to explain technical issues to end users in "layman's" language
- 2-3 years experience working in a fintech or a financial institution.
- Detailed appreciation on understanding of market needs from a product and service perspective.
- Experience in product development.
Work Status Valid work authorization for Kenya Umba is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or particular need that requires accommodation, please let us know.