To provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards.
- Business Growth - 60%
- Understand and implement business strategic initiatives for the branch aimed at increasing new business and wallet share from existing customers.
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, Bancassurance to maximise on cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, products, conduct product review and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government / directives and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute in the development of branch sales strategy.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
- Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalize campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective Branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view of re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Banks overall strategy- Growth, Transformation and Returns.
- Internal Controls and Risk Management - 10%
- Ensure that the Absa bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regards to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snap checks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, fees are collected as per current tariff.
- Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
- Customer Experience - 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT on response to customer queries on phone, email or by letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS score are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off peak periods.
- Capacity Building and People Management - 10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, team work and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
- Key stakeholders that the position holder will need to liaise/work with to be successful in this role
Internal & External
- All branch staff
- All other Departments
- Other bank staff (Internal customers
- Other Local banks
- Customers (Internal & External)
- Kenya Bankers Association
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Service providers
- Decisions the position holder is empowered to make:
- Verification of KYC Documents /identification.
- Work Cycle and Impact:
- Submission of daily performance reports to the branch manager.
- Review of unfunded accounts within portfolio.
- Review and recovery of delinquency accounts
Ideal Job Competencies:-
- Technology Skills - Knowledge of computerized banking applications and spreadsheets
- Conceptual and analytical skills - Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to details
- Risk management - Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by implementing appropriate risk management policies for the bank
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework - Top nick understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KBA, KRA etc
- Basic Credit Skills - Good knowledge of personal and business credit underwriting and portfolio management
- Audit standards & Legislation - Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislation
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations - Well rounded knowledge of all the Banks products, operations and processed and excellent knowledge of bank policies and procedures to consistently achieve the required compliance standard.
Behavioral and Cognitive Competencies
- Results and achievements oriented - Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads to optimize employee productivity. Ability to effectively plan and monitor the branch performance using defined system and processes
- Leadership and Management Skills - Ability to strive for growth through performance, nurture and grow talent for self. Capability to mentor and manage changes. Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication. Teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer service oriented culture
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Well-developed oral and report-writing skill, ability to work with others. Effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (Internal/external), and other stakeholders who impact on performance.
- Negotiation & Selling Skills - Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always win/win. Negotiate with customers on product offering to grow customer numbers/value and product uptake
- Human Resource Management SkillsBasic leadership skills, team building and ability to train, develop, lead and work with highly motivated teams
- Personal Ethics - Must be honest, fair, just but firm with self, and of high integrity
- Relationship Management - Managing client relationships so as to ensure excellent customer experience leading to value add to the customer and increase in the Banks share of wallet
- Conscious of banks reputation - Protect and enhance the banks reputation
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
go to method of application »
The Head of Infrastructure Services is accountable for the end-to-end delivery of all infrastructure services i.e., Network (intranet, Extranet, Internet, Internet facing environments,3rd party connectivity via VPN’s, Internet breakouts, Load Balancers and firewalls), Computing (OnPrem & Cloud -Azure/AWS), Storage (OnPrem & Cloud), Backup, Data Center, Mobility ,Voice Services and Print Services.
Accountability: Service Availability
- The prime responsibility is for maintaining 99.9% availability and reliability of Network, Computing, storage, backup, and print platforms that support business critical financial services for the Bank and ensure that IT can effectively meet service targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring 99.99% uptime of Network, Computing, storage, backup, and print platforms.
- Manage changes impacting the team, effectively minimizing risk and exposure.
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders during incident and problem resolution
- Promote and develop both tactical and strategic ways to drive productivity and efficiency within the core responsibility areas.
- Understand our customers’ needs and pursue the success of our clients, enabling effortless delivery
- Able to interpret global market trends, enabling a competitive edge to drive innovation.
- Stay abreast of industry and operational trends and role players and ensure that the department is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services.
- Analyze effectiveness of processes, systems and technologies used in the department and make recommendations for improvements.
- Review performance of the area/unit against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive, discuss gaps and agree action plans to close gaps.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Hands-on technical depth enables direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting
- Ensure proper monitoring of all IS devices and services.
Accountability: Business and cost management
- Liaise with CIO to lead the technology infrastructure strategy and execution for the enterprise.
- Conduct product and vendor evaluations ensuring best in class technologies and partners
- Planning, project management and implementation leadership, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Work closely with and manage strategic vendor partner relationships. Setup and run the Governance with the partners. Build strategic relationships for creating value for the organization.
- Participate in the formulation of the company's enterprise architecture and business system plans; assessing cost and feasibility, and ensuring the plan is aligned with and supports the
- strategic goals of the business.
- Approve re-allocation of resources between different areas e.g. allocate headcount or budgets within overall approved resources for the year.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for the next 2-3 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the environment.
- Investigate effectiveness of processes and systems in use and make alterations where required while ensuring adherence to global governance requirements.
- Agree and manage service offerings and Service Level Agreements in conjunction with internal customers (agree annually and measure monthly).
- Translate business strategy into meaningful operational targets and strategic focus areas for the business unit undermanagement. Ensure that the focus areas are disseminated to all levels in the business unit.
- Action integration of internal supply chain for the business unit. Work with seniors in those areas to improve service delivery for the business unit and ensure maximum utilization of shared services.
Accountability: Risk Management
- Ensure that all Networking, computing, storage, backup, and printers are fully cyber compliant.
- Review and provide inputs to Control Self Assessments (CSA) and Risk and Control Assessments (RCA's) in the infrastructure services teams. Complete attestations to testify to the adequacy of controls on request.
- Review the Business Continuity Management (BCM) plan prepared for all processes for adequacy. Ensure required tests of the plan are executed and that all test failures are addressed.
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Ensure that processes and controls are executed in daily work and understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
- Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
- Facilitate the providence of evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
- Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they are able to incorporate the changes on the effective date.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
- Devise and implement an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for Operations & IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
- Action, drive and implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for all aspects to ensure ongoing production and quick turnaround times in cases where there are system down times e.g., Severity 1 and Severity 2 etc
Accountability: People Management
- Provide continuous people development and mentoring activities to managers and team professionals to achieve excellent business results.
- Action and drive people management strategy with HR Business Partners (HRBP) for IS with a focus on talent management, recruitment attraction, resourcing, development, and retention.
- Ensure the development of a high-performing team through embedding formal performance management (PM) and informal strengths-based coaching.
- Monitor and maintain a succession plan for key roles using the formal Talent Management process for identified talent and approve succession plans for remaining roles.
- Create effective workforce plans and recruitment demand plans for their areas. Approve leave requests for direct reports and ensure that they manage the leave planning for their teams effectively.
- Ensure employees in the country are motivated and their efforts are recognized and rewarded.
Education and experience required
- Master’s Degree
- An appropriate university degree, with preference for a B Sc., B Sc (Eng), BSc (Computers/IT)
- Project management and Financial Management experience.
- 10+ years’ total experience, including 5+ years in a production 24/7 high-availability multi-site enterprise environment, including application hosting, voice and data networks, security and information protection
- Proven ability to interpret strategy and execute effectively
- Proven experience in managing and delivering on a complex business project portfolio
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Good understanding of Server & desktop hardware/ operating systems, networks, firewalls and load balancers, telecoms, etc.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network Security.
Knowledge and skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Leadership capability
- Change management
- Project management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Commercial awareness
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Leading and supervising
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Applying expertise and technology
Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology (Required), Master's Degree: Computer and Information Science