Cysuites Apartment Hotel is an apartment hotel located along Church Road, off Waiyaki Way in Nairobi’s bustling Westland’s area. The hotel offers 32 two-bedroom apartment, 6 one-bedroom apartment and 2 penthouses.
These apartments offer contemporary living and working spaces fitted with amenities to meet the needs of short and extended stays to both business and leisure travellers
The all-day dining restaurant serves a variety of both Kenyan and continental dishes. The bar area features a fine selection of wines alongside a wide range of spirits and Signature Cocktails.
The hotel has fitness facilities to help you keep up with your fitness regime while staying with us.
To manage its rapid growth, the company is looking for a dynamic and hardworking individual with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills to join the team in the Finance Department.
- Managing the accounting functions for our Cysuites Apartment Hotel
- Documenting the accounting process to capture the business model, and continuously identify areas of policy and operational improvement
- Provide reports on daily, weekly and monthly key treasury operational benchmarks
- Performing various reconciliations including bank reconciliations, related party, account payables and account receivables
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc reports to support business decision making
- Manage the annual audits while liasing with external auditors, implement managemenet letter recommendations Financial Reporting of the entity assigned from time to time
- Prepare schedules for all accounts in the general ledger for entities under management for annual audit purposes
- Ensure postings are done in the system based on approved source documents
- Resposnsible for monthly and Annual financial reporting and provide analysis for the management accounts
- Ensure the entities under management are compliant with all taxation and other regulatory requirements. These includes Catering Levy, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, VAT and WHT
- Train and assist others within a team environment
- Assist in other assigned tasks
- CPA (K) and/or ACCA and Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related degree
- KCSE B+ and above
- Three (3) years working experience in a hospitality industry, in Finance environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strict deadlines conscious with minimum supervision
- Ability to easily adapt to dynamic, complex and rapidly changing finance environment.
- Ability to learn and to train team members
go to method of application »
Cytonn Investments is an alternative investment manager, with a captive real estate development capability. Cytonn has a unique strategy of coupling two compelling demand areas - the lack of high yielding investment products and the lack of institutional grade real estate. We distribute high yielding instruments to attract funding from investors, and we deploy that funding to investment grade, well planned and comprehensive real estate developments that are largely pre-sold.
Real estate investments are made through our development affiliate, Cytonn Real Estate, where we currently have over Kshs. 82 billion (USD 820 mn) of projects under mandate across ten projects. In private equity, we invest in banking, FinTech, and hospitality.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement intern to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, you will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization. You will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Work with team members and procurement manager to complete duties as needed
- Acting as a liaison between the project team and Administration/Finance Unit or any other support support department
- Contract Management
- Any other duties as maybe assigned from time to time
- An undergraduate with a minimum qualification of a B+ in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or equivalent
- A graduate level student with a minimum of Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable University (Business & Procurement related courses).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player