Reporting to: Director of Sport
Responsible for: Student Outcomes
The successful candidate will be a sportsperson of proven ability, required to teach PE and Games lessons, preferably with experience and expertise in coaching Hockey and Netball. The Physical Education teacher will work closely with the director of Sport to assist with the running and implementation of the school’s sports program and provision, and ensuring a cohesive and broad-minded approach to school sport. As a member of the department, there will be an opportunity for management and mentoring, as well as some teaching which includes BTEC at L2 and L3 as well as IGCSE PE. You will help to develop and deliver the overall strategy and objectives of the department, assisting with the creation and implementation of change processes. The successful applicant will guide and advise colleagues, particularly new members in the department, in developing the sporting skills and aptitudes of all staff; including training for coaching, umpiring and refereeing, while encouraging a variety of teaching approaches within the department to assist the professional development and appraisal of staff to create a motivated and empowered team.
- To support the Director of Sports in his strategic role of managing the department and ensuring excellence for all.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support the teaching of PE.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and a form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
TEACHING AND LEARNING
- Ensure effective learning for all students through excellent teaching and delivery of well-planned and organized lessons across key stages.
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress, and attainment of students.
- Use appropriate strategies to ensure outstanding student progress and well-being.
- Set and mark challenging class and homework according to school policy.
- Support the development of teaching materials and courses of study.
- Participate in arrangements for preparing students for public examinations and in assessing students for the purpose of such examinations.
- Liaise with parents and support staff to ensure excellent attainment.
- Support extended intervention/enrichment activities to enhance students’ learning experience.
- Manage the behavior of students in classrooms and around the school.
- Maintain an organized and well-presented learning environment for students.
- Contributing to the maintenance of a supportive and stimulating learning environment for all students
- Support and uphold the requirements of school polices.
- Adhere to the staff code of conduct.
- Be an effective form tutor/year group intervention tutor.
- Be responsible for ensuring subject knowledge is developed and participate in staff training and development.
- Attend team/staff meetings and participate in open evenings.
- Participate in relevant administrative and organisational tasks.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and if relevant the Disclosure and Barring Service.
go to method of application »
Purpose of Job
- To lead and manage the School Information Management System (iSams) to include assessment, recording and reporting systems, course manager, curriculum areas, the school census for Gems Dubai head office and the workforce census
- To provide appropriate technical support to staff in using the software and interpreting information
- To maintain and develop student record-keeping systems and provide relevant and accurate information for staff use
- To work with the Deputy head (curriculum)/Deputy Head Prep in the maintenance of the school timetable
- To provide appropriate and timely data for Heads of Faculty, Governors, head office Dubai, and the Senior Management Team
- To manage all school data transfer to relevant organizations eg other schools.
- To support the school leadership in ensuring we remain GDPR compliant
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of and regular use of databases and spreadsheets, including Excel
- Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheet formulae
- Ability to prepare and present student information and reports
- Experience of data entry within a database.
- Self-confidence and ability to rise to a challenge
- Team player
- Able to take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and work to deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to make decisions independently
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the set up organization and administration of CAT4 testing as new students are admitted to the school. Progress tests in Prep
- Ensuring student reporting systems are updated and reports are produced to a high standard
- Manipulating and presenting data which is required by the school’s Management Team e.g. student lists, tracking systems, exam and report residuals, target grades, attendance data
- Production of Student Targets for pupils in Years 2-11 using CAT4 and progress test Data
- Production of KS5 Targets using the CAT4 and the ALPS system
- Manage data transfer for pupil admissions e.g. CTFs
- Maintaining and updating student and staff timetables within the timetabling module
- Updating and maintaining room timetables
- Supporting the GCSE and Sixth Form Options Process including manipulating the data from the School Website and data input and the generation of groups in ISAMS.
- Presenting data for the Governing Body as required
- To be available for A’ level and IGCSE results days (and the days after) to process results
- Support the Exams Officer in the production of results broadsheets and results statements for IGCSE and A’ level results days
- Analyze CE data for Year 8 and prepare result statements
- Provide iSams support for staff.
- To manage and maintain the Tapestry Online Learning Journal application.
- To track academic progress throughout the year.
go to method of application »
To apply, send a cover letter detailing relevant experience and teaching philosophy, a detailed CV including names and contacts of three referees, copies of academic and professional certificates and TSC certificate to [email protected] no later than 17 February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hillcrest International Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students; Successful candidates will be subjected to thorough screening to ascertain suitability to work with children.