We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Mechanical Engineer Fellow – Kilifi who will work in our New Technology Commercialization department.
A typical day for you might include the following:
In this Internship role you will have the opportunity to work under the supervision of experienced engineers and develop hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Requirements assessment, design, vendor assessment and design refinement of a solids separation unit
- Review of the mechanical works of an existing separator prototype to recommended design improvements
- Process optimisation of solid separation processes with goal of reducing design costs and operational costs
- Interact with other disciplines and vendors to ensure design accuracy
- Contribute to reviews of vendor documentation and other discipline documents
- Development of equipment specification sheets for internal review and vendor engagement
- Create operating guidelines and start-up/commissioning procedure
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree qualification in Mechanical engineering.
- Good understanding of mechanical principles relevant to design, fabrication and commissioning of mechanical equipment
- Understanding of mechanical vibration principles would be highly beneficial
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to incorporate mechanical requirements into equipment designs
- Ability to look beyond the most obvious solution to provide engineering designs that are safe, practical, reliable, and cost effective
- A learning mindset and interest in working under senior engineers to develop your engineering expertise, all while delivering solutions that meet design requirements and stakeholder expectations
- A proactive attitude, with a willingness to get involved and learn by doing
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
- Ability to translate learnings from field work into actionable design and process changes
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that drives you to help deliver results beyond your own work and your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- Enthusiasm to achieve targets and improve yourself professionally
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state, your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees here by 16th May, 2021.
go to method of application »
Job Purpose Statement
Oversee manufacturing and maintenance operations across Sanergy’s production facilities in Kenya.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the performance of all production facilities in Kenya. Develop and implement systems to ensure that production volume, cost, quality and ESH targets are met.
- Collaborate with the planning, quality, health, safety, environment, maintenance, financial analysis and continuous improvement teams to drive production process optimization.
- Oversee the maintenance function to reduce frequency and impact of breakdowns. Provide direction to implement best in class maintenance practices to improve MTTR and MTBF.
- Own and be accountable for the operational budget. Coach Factory Managers and Maintenance Managers under you to conduct sound resource planning and deployment so as to maximize resource utilization. .
- Collaborate with the talent team to set up and implement systems for people management, performance management and learning and development.
- Coach managers across production and maintenance on effective approaches to project management. Oversee implementation of projects by managers to achieve the required outcomes on time.
- Coach managers across production on continuous improvement methodologies, preferably around Lean Thinking, Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering related field.
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing operations.
- At least 3 years experience in a management role manufacturing.
- Demonstrable track record in implementing cost, quality and delivery improvement projects in operations.
- Working knowledge of project management approaches.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies, preferably at least one of Lean Thinking, Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Working knowledge of approaches to cost modelling and analysis.
- A general understanding of statistical process control.
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback