PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Advisor WASH DME & Research will provide global leadership for World Vision’s monitoring, evaluation, and research in the WASH sector across the Partnership, in order to improve effectiveness, impact and quality of programming and advocacy.
There will be 6 Senior Advisors, one for each of the six sectors prioritized by World Vision: Child Protection, Education, Health, Livelihoods, Nutrition, and Water/Sanitation/Hygiene (WASH).
The Senior Advisor WASH is responsible for setting world-class global WASH sector M&E standards, strengthening capability in sector M&E, and leading the development of sector M&E guidance and tools in collaboration with other sectors and the global DME team. The position also provides global coordination and oversight for all research in WASH across the WV Partnership, in collaboration with the global Evidence Building Team.
The Senior Advisor will report to the Technical Director, WASH, with a strong matrix relationship to the global DME team. The Senior Advisor will function as an active member of both the global DME team and the global sector team.
- Technical Leadership for Sector Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead or contribute to development of sector:
- theories of change
- logframes, including indicators
- M&E framework
- M&E tools
- global metrics to monitor strategic priorities and quality of interventions
- Lead continuous improvement of WASH sector M&E based on ongoing review of internal and external industry standard indicators and measurement tools
- Provide technical support to project model development/refinement focusing on development of standards for: M&E logframe, standard measurement indicators, beneficiary definition, M&E plan, minimum quality standards and their measurement tools and processes including implementation fidelity and key processes during use of PMs.
- Review and advise the Implementation Quality Assurance (IQA) tools for project models.
- Support scale-up the use of high-quality formative research tools (e.g., BA, TIPS).
- Develop/design implementation research proposals/protocols based on WV’s global standards.
- Support development of tools and methodology for deep dive review of project model or sector approach in one country to ascertain quality /impact).
- Provide sector-specific leadership and technical input into DME guidance and materials:
- Provide WASH sector expertise for the development of WV global DME standards, practices, and tools.
- Provide technical input to DME team for sector specific TP design, baseline, monitoring and evaluation capacity building for RO and NO staff.
- Develop user-friendly guidance for sector-specific DM&E measurement tools. Guidance may include specifics about:
- How and when to measure with the sector-specific tool
- Sampling and sample size calculations
- Demonstrating statistically-significant change
- QA/QI and data integrity
- Ethical guidance
- Accurate counting of beneficiary numbers
- Review and revise sector-specific root cause analysis toolkits for developing and fragile contexts.
- Provide technical input into LEAP 3 guidance and provide feedback into revisions from the global sector teams.
- Sectoral M&E Capability Strengthening:
- Work with DME team, Sector teams and TSO to develop sector-specific DME competencies and training/development materials.
- Facilitate capacity building of the TSO staff, SO staff, and other key stakeholders in M&E and research and in utilization of data for project planning and management.
Collaborate with the Evidence Building team to support organization-wide strategic data analysis to enhance evidence-based decision making.
Ensure alignment and support quality data for strategic reporting mechanisms, such as the Global CWB Report, Global Impact Framework, OP 2030 Strategy Dashboard and Strategic Initiatives, Sector Dashboards, Global (It Takes a World) Campaign. This includes:
- Contributing to design of reporting process, including user-friendly guidance to NOs.
- Aligning system indicators with data being collected by NOs and existing systems where possible.
- Advising and overseeing methods of ensuring accurate recording/reporting.
- Data analysis and quality assurance checks.
- Collaborate with TSO and Global sectors teams on the analysis and writing of global reports, including the global CWB reports.
Provide WASH M&E technical expertise and approval of all sector indicators in Horizon:
- Collaborate with the Evidence Building team to add new sector indicators, and review and approve NO indicators for the sector.
- Provide technical input for defining, reporting, storage and analysis of sector monitoring and evaluation indicators in Horizon.
- Create easy-to-use resources for TSO and NOs of the indicators for each project model.
- Align WV’s sector indicators to industry best practice and the global SDGs.
Research and Evidence Building:
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of a global WASH sector research plan, including an evidence building plan for core and emerging project models, liaising closely with the Evidence Building team in alignment with the Global Evidence Agenda and following WV Partnership research standards and protocols.
- Provide technical leadership and coordination for WASH sector research implemented by WV or in collaboration with external academic and other partners.
- Work with the sector team to ensure utilization of research findings and recommendations.
- In collaboration with the Evidence Building team, lead the documentation, publication, and internal/external dissemination of sector research, including publishing in peer reviewed journals.
Networking and External Representation in M&E and Research at the Global Level:
- Build networks with academic and other research institutions, UN and NGO forums to learn about developments in sector DME and research approaches, seek partnerships to benefit WV and share evidence and learning from WV programming.
- Participate in external forums to represent and present World Vision sector M&E and Research Evidence approaches.
- Prepare presentations for WV leaders to share at key events.
- Publish M&E papers in appropriate journals to disseminate WV’s work.
- Provide M&E and research technical input for grant acquisition as needed.
- Provide M&E and research technical support to TSO service requests from NOs.
- Collaborate with SO staff to utilize programming indicators and articulate evidence of impact for marketing use.
- Explore and support mobile solutions to data collection.
- Other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Masters Degree or PhD in measurement, research and evaluation.
- Ten years practical experience in conducting and leading WASH sector programme-related M&E and Research.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative evaluation and research skills.
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation systems (including indicators, instruments, and methodologies), for sector programmes.
- Experience in building technical M&E capacity.
- Experience working in development or humanitarian industry.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally.
- Advanced skills in use of quantitative data analysis software – SPSS, STATA, SAS etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English; language skills in Spanish and/or French preferred.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in sector programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation capacity building.
- Excellent understanding and skills in WASH sector measurement sampling and sample size estimation, and determining significance of results.
- Understanding of WV sector programing, development approach and global partnership strategy.
- Experience using and building capacity to use information technology for data collection/processing.
- Experience publishing in peer review journals.
- Experience leading evaluation and research teams.
- Experience collaborating with external partners on DME and research activities.
- Experience making intellectual / academic presentations in international forums.
go to method of application »
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the Director of Global Compliance, partner with stakeholders to complete the goals and objectives of the Compliance department. This will include activities related to WVI global policy management such as ensuring policies are appropriate formatted, updated, and reviewed regularly. This role will also support the Global Director of Compliance in implementing and supporting a Field Office Compliance function and monitoring process for field offices. The position will be a focal point for Regional Compliance leads to provide guidance, update tools, manage the annual collection of compliance data, analysis, and provide training as needed. The Advisor will also be responsible for completing various departmental support tasks.
- Design, implement and maintain the online policy repository. Including providing oversight and management of the database.
- Advise and ensure that staff are aware of the Policy on Policies.
- Oversee and advise updates to the employee facing website in consultation with necessary SME’s (Legal, P&C, Comms., etc) to ensure policy program meets stakeholder needs.
- Act as a champion for the review process of Partnership Policies, Partnership Management Policies and WVI Management Policies, engaging stakeholders and participants in the review process.
- Responsible for developing and owning quarterly policy metrics for senior leadership.
Field Office Compliance Monitoring Framework:
- Field Office Monitoring Framework management and other core document development: Responsible for owning, updating and editing the Field Office Compliance Monitoring Framework to improve and tailor the organizations’ approach to
- compliance as it grows with maturity. Position must be able to apply industry standard compliance practices and concepts in the development of department documentation, learning materials, presentations, reports and other key department communications to further the depth of the organizations compliance program.
- Communications: Responsible for developing and owning partnership-wide communications related to Compliance. Development and delivery of presentations on compliance. Research and development of text for training materials in coordination with the Director.
- Build and develop relationships with Regional Compliance Champions to help gather and provide feedback on the issues facing successful implementation of their Compliance programs. Help escalate key issues to the Director or other stakeholders as necessary. Provide day to day guidance on resources available, professional development guidance, training solutions, and generally troubleshooting various challenges facing compliance practitioners.
- Sr. Management Reporting - Responsible for developing and delivering new senior management reports and analysis derived from existing and new Compliance programs and projects.
- Other tasks as required by the Compliance team, such as vendor/invoice payments, basic WVCentral website, and other tasks as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Compliance or related field.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed international context.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Membership in a professional compliance association, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Professional or academic education in Compliance or related field.
- Experience working with policies in a large international organization.
- Education or experience related to Ethics and Compliance.
- Background or experience with communications and/or technical writing.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with and engaging Sr. Management.