Black Pen Recruitment is South Africa's #1 recruitment consulting firm specialized in BPO services, foreign language recruitment and staffing solutions and immigration services. With our outstanding experience in the BPO industry and our own in-house immigration division, we will find the right candidates for foreign language specialist positions as well as immigration solutions for foreign employees.
Read more about this company
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager (Fintech/Payments)
Do have an MBA? Are you an experienced Financial Planner? Do you have strong hands on experience in FinTech industry, financial analysis and modelling skills?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, a Seychelles based remote company, is looking to hire a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. They designed a fast, cheap and fun way to make transactions in Africa. From currency exchange to business accounts, their app is utilised by people across all walks of life in Africa. They have not only partnered with regular people but they have also partnered with some of the biggest telecommunications and banks throughout Africa.
As Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you will report to the CFO and will take the lead in all financial and strategic planning.
Our client offers shares as part of their benefits package. They want all employees to enjoy the success of their organisation.
Job Type: Full-Time | Remote
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- 5 years of business experience in investment banking
- Digital/FinTech industry and a strong understanding of digital FinTech business models as knowledge and relationships within the African markets are a plus.
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and/or investment analysis experience.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability with sense to understand implications of work and probe more deeply when presented with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion with a 'can-do' attitude and a proven ability to manage and meet all deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and an ability to share previous excel iterative budgeting and forecast models and powerpoint presentations that the candidate has created.
- Build strong relationships with senior executives as well as finance and operating executives in London, US, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
- Develop a robust, iterative financial planning and forecasting model with key KPI inputs and P&L, B/S, and cash outputs.
- Lead, manage, and deliver the monthly/rolling forecast, annual budget, and 5 strategic planning process, including developing and updating the financial planning model, identification of KPIs and key business drivers, risks and upsides.
- Continually improve the entire financial planning process and financial model in terms of accuracy and efficiency as well as relevancy of insights to the senior management team.
- Ensure that the business has the needed accurate Financial Systems as well as efficient links/accounts between Accounting/Actuals and Planning.
- Support the evaluation of growth initiatives within the African Fintech industry through financial modelling and analysis.
- Prepare strategic and financial well-written, documented, and concise power-point presentations for senior management, board, investors, and prospective investors, including presentations on business performance, kpis, business strategy, strategic investments, recommendations, etc. as needed.
- Support key business decision-making and strategic initiatives through ad hoc analyses and the building meaningful financial models.
- Cross-Train with the Corporate Controller.
go to method of application »
Are you an experienced Crypto Compliance Manager? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Regional Crypto Compliance Manager to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
The Regional Compliance Manager will report to the Director of Compliance. The Regional Compliance Team (RCT) Manager will execute the management of a field team in the AML Compliance Department. This role will supervise a number of direct staff positions responsible for performing Agent/Client compliance program onboarding, reviews, investigations, and executing Agent/Client compliance support duties.
You will also need strong MS capabilities, (PPT, Excel, etc.). Strong relationship management capabilities and experience managing large clients and cross functional Compliance/Business interaction. And the ability to travel 25% to 50%.
Job Type: Full-Time | Remote
- Fluent in English
- Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications (CAMS, CFE, Audit)in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree in Compliance, Risk, Finance, Legal or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- 3-5 years' of work experience within the financial services industry or cryptocurrency/fintech industry.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred outside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and external partners/third party vendors.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of remittance or cryptocurrency type business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with and resolve Partner Compliance complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
- Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Drive execution and ongoing improvement of the hybrid Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs (encompassing fiat and cryptocurrency), principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures the Global Compliance program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts (legal, engineering, client services, product development, law enforcement, partners) to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyses internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risks in fiat money and cryptocurrency .
- Communicates policy goals for areas of expertise, ensuring application across the Group.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met and remediated where required.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business and engineering through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Third Party Vendor due diligence and Compliance Review activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Partners within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with regulatory and policy expectations.
- Provides both internal as well as Partner and employee Compliance training.
- Manage and mentor the Regional Compliance team.
- Facilitates internal audit, independent audit and regulatory queries and duties.
go to method of application »
Are you an experienced CFO with insight into the world of Fintech? Passionate about crypto and the blockchain space?
Our client, an American-based company, is expanding globally by being one of the first movers to bring cryptocurrency to Africa and the Middle East at large. The mission is to make bitcoin/blockchain and other FinTech services more accessible, and affordable, than ever before. This dynamic company is looking to hire a CFO.
We're looking for an experienced finance executive to join our client’s leadership team. We are looking for a business strategist with a financial planning & analysis background as well as the ability to build and lead our finance and accounting teams. You will be working with a diverse team based in over a dozen countries. You will not only lead the standard execution of finance and accounting functions but serve as a key business partner to inform decision-making and strategy at the micro and macro levels.
Job Type: Remote | Full-Time
Salary: Competitive plus equity
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- 5+ Years of experience in a VP Finance or CFO role
- Experience with a venture-funded, high-growth technology startup
- Experience working in Africa
- Work experience or education in the United States and Africa
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrency
- Experience with transfer pricing
- Fundraising experience
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership skills
- Proven track record of financial performance and of being a strong business partner
- Exhibit outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, ask probing questions and develop innovative solutions
- Passion and proven ability to cultivate top talent and lead diverse, cross-departmental teams
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leaders to develop and execute plans.
- Excellent communicator and change leader
- Advise the CEO
- Manage the company's relationships with some of the world's leading FinTech investors
- Continue to build out an internal and external finance and accounting team in Africa
- Improve and automate FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Assist with the design of internal processes, systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Manage liquidity in both fiat currency and cryptocurrencies
- Oversee the production of accurate financial statements
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
- Serve as the primary interface with our external auditor
- Maintain a strong financial control environment in compliance with all state and federal requirements
- Challenge the status quo with ideas to drive internal efficiencies and growth in revenue based upon solid data analysis
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Get your CV ready for 2022. Order our 100% professional CV Service.