Reporting to : Cluster Manager
Grade Level : 10
Work Location : Loyangalani, Bamba & Garbatulla
Purpose of Position
To manage and maintain computer systems, Horizon Mobile Phones applications, Sponsorship Data Management in Horizon and Capturing RC Program Activity Participation in Horizon in order to successfully support World Vision Kenya’s sponsorship operations. This should be achieved through Collaboration and Coordination of Volunteers/ Staff of the Local Institution which the AP Partners with in Child Sponsorship Operations.
Sponsorship Data Management-30 %
- Ensure Sponsorship/ RC data quality assurance is conducted as per Partnership Standards.
- Generate reports, analyze and share with management for decision making
- Synching of Horizon Mobile data
- Generate and Share RC Death reports
- Maintain and validate RC/ RC Family information
- Update and maintain RC files
- Update data on RC & Family participation, support and benefit from program activities.
- Ensure RC level is maintained as per sponsorship standards.
- RC are monitored within the standard timelines
- Follow up RC Case management and update the system until closure together with CESP Officer.
- Coordinate with Safe Guarding, Advocacy and Child Participation Officer to Follow up Protection Cases involving RC and their families and report/ update cases on ethics point
Download, Review and Upload Sponsorship 2.0 Products: -20%
- Child Greeting Photos, Child Greeting Videos, Child Update Photos and Child Update Videos
- Digital correspondence scans/ photos
- Chosen Il scans and Chosen Sponsor Photos
- Community Update Photos (Annual Progress reports, GNs, Sponsor Visits)
- Community Update Media
- Community Intro and Farewell Media
- Sample child expression worksheet scans
Ensure correspondence are received by the right recipients and processed on time-10%
- Maintain an up to date correspondence tracker
- Update all RC correspondences received from NO/ Support Offices manual/digital using the correct business process/routing codes
- Make regular random spot checks including visiting RC/ RC Family & LI to validate correspondence processing before closing the same in the system
- Coordinate Processing of RC Correspondences by LI Staff/Volunteers
- Coordinate processing of RC Annual Progress Reports
- Review Child correspondences received from LI Staff/ volunteers for quality.
- Post processed correspondences to Sponsors through post office, dispatch correspondences and GN back-ups to national office sponsorship department through courier services.
Data Entry – correspondences-15%
- Gift Notifications (GNs)
- Sponsor Letters/Gifts (SLs)
- Electronic Letters (EL)
- Introductory Letters (ILs & PIs)
- Farewell letters (FLs)
- Sponsor queries (SQs)
- Child Annual Progress Reports (APRs)
- Child Christmas/Greeting Cards (CHs)
- Ensure Horizon Mobile used by World Vison Staff and Local Institution Staff/ Volunteers as well as Desktop (Applications) are functional with the most current versions
- Provide First Level IT Support- Hardware, Software and Accessories to AP staff
- Provide Technical Advice on ICT procurements
- User provisioning of rights to Volunteers/LI Staff
Facilitate capacity building in Technology-10%
- Train AP and LI staff on Horizon Mobile use
- Train AP and LI staff on Office tools and Applications
- Support staff and LI virtual encounters, including RC virtual activities
- Communicate possible Horizon systems enhancements while consolidating and documenting a learning center approach based on the best practices in the Aps
- Rollout GC initiated digital/ technology driven Sponsorship initiatives.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as assigned by the AP Manager
- Participate and lead devotions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum Diploma in IT/Computer Science or related field from a recognized institute of learning
- At least 2 years of work experience managing systems and or databases
- Computer proficient in use of Microsoft office and other applications relevant to Sponsorship
- Training, facilitation, mobilization and coordination skills
- Community Engagement Skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Photo grapy and videography skills
- Ability to ride a motor bike
go to method of application »
Reporting to : Regional Manager
Grade Level : 15
Work Location : Isiolo
purpose of position
To effectively lead, coordinate and ensure quality Design, Monitoring & Evaluation operations at WVK Regional Office. To effectively execute this mandate, the staff will require to promote learning, ensure adherence to guidelines and standards for the LEAP project cycle, WVK internal/contextualized business processes and other donor specifications as appropriate
Planning in the Programme Cycle 15%
- Facilitate the development of a programme design that builds partner capacity in a way that ensures sustainability. Make recommendations for the log frame development, based closely on relevant information. Support the programme managers in the development of the logic of the intervention, as required
- Facilitate a participatory review of logical flow and consistency within the hierarchy of objectives and assumptions. Contextualise indicators drawing on community conversations as appropriate Identify key areas for monitoring according to the log frame. Identify and contextualize methodologies for appropriately measuring indicators using participatory methods where possible
- Work proactively with key staff and stakeholder to develop detailed monitoring plan for the technical programme, ensuring clarity of roles and responsibilities
- Share monitoring and evaluation plans with key stakeholders and incorporate their feedback as appropriate. Seek approval for monitoring and evaluation plan from program design team lead as necessary
- Support planning for effective Surveys (Evaluations and Baselines) for APs transitioning or entering new phases within the Region
- Support Area programs to plan and coordinate M&E activities
- Lead the process of annual planning and budgeting by all the APs and Grants depending on their implementation calendar and phases
Technical Support all DME and CB in the Region 20%
- Provide support to AP teams and partners in data processing, consolidation and analysis across the local programming areas
- Provide oversight on scheduling and budgeting for monitoring processes according to the needs of the technical programmes (TPs).
- Support Programmes/Projects to ensure real-time monitoring and appropriate data storage for timely utilization by staff and partners to show progress and issues at Area Program, regional and national level.
- Work closely with the area programme managers and teams to co-design technical programme M&E plans that are relevant to the local programming context.
- Provide constructive/technical support to area programme managers on monitoring data generation to ensure that information produced is relevant and useful to the difference stakeholders
- Share lessons learned from technical programmes with area programmes to enhance local planning and implementation. Suggest modifications that might be necessary at the local level based on evidence and lessons learned
- Support the establishment and ensure use of quality monitoring systems and processes within the Region
- Visit field offices to monitor GIS operationalization in programs/projects and collect data
Quality Assurance and Management through the Programming cycle 20%
- Ensure the sustained implementation of all DME related processes including LEAP/ HORIZON, STEP, GIS/WVDPA /HAP/SPHERE at the Area Program and Regional operational levels;
- Ensure that D,M&E related activities – assessment, design, monitoring, baselines, evaluations, transition, and documentation – are successfully implemented as per standard and disseminated to staff and used to inform future ME processes and decision making.
- In relation to the AP Designs: Verify that collaboration with partners is appropriate to their capacity. Ascertain that the specific needs of the most vulnerable children are addressed. Verify the inclusion of collaboratively developed sustainability and transition plans with associated agreements with partners
- Ensure harmonised timely and comprehensive routine and non- routine monitoring system for quality data as per the Technical program needs at the county and regional level
- Review Area Program monitoring data to ensure that it is accurate, relevant and contributes to national office strategy and CWB
- Ensure real time mapping of projects using GIS in the area programs
- Develop periodic data verification and data quality improvement plans for the region
- Ensure that GIS business processes, standards and policies developed in coordination with other WVK entities are effectively and consistently used by operations staff
- Ensure thorough data cleaning and processing prior to analysis and that descriptive and appropriate statistical analysis/tests are applied according to the analysis plan/indicator detail sheets, with support from NO DME specialists and consultancy teams.
- Ensure that appropriate methods are used for sorting and analysing qualitative data, according to the analysis plan/indicator detail sheets, with support from the NO me specialists or consultancy teams.
- Work with the Area Program manager to ensure active critical reflection and interpretation of the findings in context at the community and regional level.
Reporting of Progress and Performance 10%
- Facilitate/socialize Area Program teams’ understanding of requirements for a management report, according to LEAP/WV procedures. Guide the teams in the use of data management system efficiently to access relevant and necessary data for report generation
- Review the analysed and interpreted data from across the area programmes in the region to collate learning and use the monitoring data developed during the reporting period as the basis for the programme report. Facilitate review sessions of participatory monitoring data to identify key messaging for the report
- Coordinate collection of feedback from technical report reviewers to Area Program managers. Check the report for accuracy and quality to ensure they meet report LEAP requirements. Provide Technical support to program managers on uploading reports on Horizon
- Support documentation of special donor reports or documentations of best practices or success stories
- Lead the process of semi and annual reporting by all the APS and Grants depending on their implementation calendar and phases.
Capacity Building 10%
- Support implementing staff to have required capacity (skills, knowledge & attitude) in DM&E processes and utilize it for enhanced programming
- Promote an enhanced culture of learning, innovation and practice of LEAP/DME discipline and Empowered World View.
- Lead in the implementation of new program effectiveness initiatives to staff within the region e.g. Horizon Wave 2, WVDPA, EWV
- Support in building capacity of implementing staff to integrate Programme and accountability framework within Area Programs
- Support Local Institutions capacity building initiatives
- Support Programs/Projects sustainability and transition (S&T) planning and implementation
Research, Surveys (Evaluation/baselines) and documentation 15%
- Participate actively in scoping discussions with key stakeholders, in an analytical and well-informed way to inform program evaluation TOR. Build capacity of field level teams in understanding the relevant information for the basic information sheet.
- Support the Area Programs teams in logistics planning for the training of data collectors and the data collection in the field in accordance with ToR. Critically analyse and approve plans as necessary to respond to field reality, in collaboration with the evaluation lead or an Area Program manager
- Coordinate the review and provision of feedback on standard tools in consultation with DME Coordinator Research and documentation and field staff/partners.
- Participate in the field testing of tools to ensure evaluation lead has adopted a technical sound methodology to ensure accuracy in data collection. Provide critical, review and approve the final tools to be used for the evaluation after feedback has been received
- Co-facilitate training for data collectors and data entry clerks, in a way that supports effective learning. In collaboration with the Area Program manager support the smooth-running of the data collection process. Supervise the consultant during data collection and data entry clerks, with due care and attention to ensure maximum data quality
- Support AP storage of collected data securely as per policies relating to data protection for all programs at the regional level. Deal with and/or escalate technical issues and problems proactively as they arise, adapting plans as appropriate. Participate actively in reflection sessions and provide constructive critical feedback as necessary
- Support data analysis, interpretation and validation with relevant stakeholders according to the indicator analysis plan
- Participate in feedback processes, with community, staff and partners in a context-sensitive way. Co-facilitate reflection and learning with staff and partners to refine interpretation of the findings. Review and provide considered feedback on the baseline or evaluation report, as requested
- Provide input for products appropriate for different audiences to share the findings and recommendations, as requested. Participate in reflection with DME team to review and refine learnings about the evaluation process
- Contribute to identification, protocol setting and monitoring of action researches integrated to Technical Programmes or their models
Strategic Coordination and collaboration 5%
Establish and maintain links with external organizations for collaboration, networking, resource sharing, materials development, and learning activities in DM&E.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation or Project management, Statistics or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Certification in M&E and in conducting assessments or equivalent
- Minimum five years’ practical experience in M&E system coordination/ implementation in a large international non-governmental organization or other international relief/development body
- Extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design/Logical Approach, management and evaluation principles;
- Experience in integrated Programme/Projects design and associated tools development
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of other staff and grassroots institutions for effective Programme delivery
- Must have knowledge and practical experience in Research, organizational learning and documentation and have good writing and editing skills.
- Experience in data/statistical programmes e.g. SPSS, Stata etc.
- Good analytical skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills.
- High professional ethics and integrity
- Good Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Experience in quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Experience in Data collection on the Open data kit plat form and other mobile based applications, data analysis and interpretation
- Computer literacy in MS office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams.