Responsible for providing and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care to all patients while ensuring consistent provision of efficient and ethical care to support it in achieving quality health service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work requirements and tasks will be guided by the nursing council scope of practice, department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), hospital protocols, which are reviewed periodically but will fall broadly in the following Key Responsibility Areas (KRAS)
- Work in collaboration with the clinical team and the management to implement effective procedures, rules, regulations that are consistent with the organization values and policies;
- Ensure adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols for nursing services;
- Ensure compliance with established professional and institutional policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, family planning, deliveries, scrubbing for theatre procedures and other services for clients at the facility based on Jacaranda Maternity’s clinical protocols and processes;
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all clients;
- Maintain client and clinic operational data using our electronic medical records and other information systems;
- Maintain a good relationship with the community;
- Ensure all clients under their care have a good customer experience;
- Work closely with peer educators, CHWs, and traditional birth attendants for outreach and education within the community;
- Assessing a child’s needs and providing initial and continual care;
- Work closely with Jacaranda Outreach team to perform outreach and marketing activities and assist in facilitation of outreach activities;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/ (medical training) college.
- Position holder should have at least 5 years’ experience in Maternity or MCH/FP working as a licensed Nurse/Midwife in a busy maternity institution and experience in working in a start-up maternity facility.
- Hold an active Nursing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Neonatal/Paediatric or reproductive health nursing is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
Reports to Clinical Operations Coordinator
Department Clinical Operations
The licensed, experienced Lab technologist will work in the Jacaranda Maternity Clinic. This role is critical and requires tangible experience setting up laboratory operations in a startup/comparable facility for the first time. The position seeks experience in maternal and child health, and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
About Jacaranda Maternity
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices. Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require Laboratory Technologists at our new hospital in Umoja. Reporting to our Clinical Operations Coordinator, you will take on responsibility of delivering quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
- Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory sciences or its equivalent.
- Valid License from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians Technologist Board. (KMLTTB)
- Position holder should have at least 3 years’ experience working as a licensed Lab technologist in a busy Laboratory and experience setting up start up medical Lab operations in a health facility.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to providing high quality care and excellence.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems is a key competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collection, preparation and management of samples and specimen including safe disposal;
- Cleaning of laboratory apparatus and equipment;
- Media preparation;
- Keeping of laboratory records;
- Inventory and Stock Management;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.