To provide professional and effective administrative support to the HR Shared Services team.
Key Job Functions
- To assist in the preparation of employee correspondence and follow up of staff contracts preparation
- To provide support in maintenance of various employee trackers
- To provide support in records management
- To provide support in the preparation of payroll inputs
- To schedule training sessions for the Shared Services team
- To provide administrative support to the wider HR team, as required.
- Any other additional responsibility within the scope of the role to ensure effective management of HR Shared Services
- Proven work experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resource management or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 year of experience in HR-related work
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive,learning-oriented attitude and capacity for self-empowerment
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams in the organization
- Interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and delivers on tight deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
go to method of application »
In this role, you’ll be expected to;
- Develop a deep understanding of M-KOPA’s systems.
- Rigorous testing of M-KOPA’s application and channeling feedback to the development team in a clear, structured way.
- Analysing test output, identifying discrepancies, and clearly documenting defects.
- Writing test scripts to be used in the testing process.
- Working as a team to ensure that M-KOPA’s system meets the set quality measures.
- Building and refining M-KOPA’s testing tools and methodologies.
- Define and implement testing and verification strategies for both mobile and server platforms.
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Work with customer service, product, and development teams to identify and track bugs.
- Review requirements specifications and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining tools for test automation.
- Drive transformations in testing through automation to achieve higher levels of efficiency and reduce software testing time.
- Perform code reviews for automated tests for both mobile and backend components.
- Bachelors’ degree in any field but exceptions will be made for candidates who can show an exceptional track record in this area
- Any certification on Software Quality Assurance will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Preferred Candidate Profile
- Strong testing skills with the desire and ability to find bugs before others do
- Experience using software testing tools
- Experience building and working with automated testing
- Ability to differentiate between the developer’s and tester’s mindset
- Critical thinker with analytical skills and the ability to see the big picture while at the same time paying attention to minute details
- Hands-on experience with Agile Lifecycle Management Tools: Must be a self-starter, results-oriented, and a collaborative team player who can work with distributed teams
- Hands-on experience with Agile industry best practices, including version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration
- Strong technical and analytical skills
go to method of application »
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
We’re looking for a Head of / Senior Manager of Electric Mobility Product to lead M-KOPA's electric mobility product line. You will be based in Nairobi or be able to travel there frequently and will report to the Managing Director of M-KOPA Mobility
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Know all things electric mobility - from battery supply chains to battery management system AI algorithms to future price curves to electric charger types to manufacturing assembly tax benefits
- Be a key leader in defining the strategic direction of M-KOPA's electric mobility business
- Design, run and iterate M-KOPA's electric vehicle and electric charging / swapping tests and feed that input back into product evolution
- Responsible for creating and adapting a business model and generating a financial forecast that will see PAYG e-mobility scale amongst lower-income markets
- Develop the product roadmap, setting realistic product goals and targets relative to operational constraints and firm market understanding
- Lead on product hypotheses validation through rigorous market-testing and underpinned by an iterative product discovery process
- Leverage existing datasets and gather new data for financial modeling, including pricing and revenue forecasts
- Manage M-KOPA's electric vehicle, charging infrastructure, and supply chain partners
- Engage and communicate confidently with key stakeholders to articulate the performance of PAYG Mobility prelaunch and demonstrate a strategy for the continued success of PAYG motorbikes
- Manage multiple ongoing projects, bringing efficiency and focus to drive these projects/phases of work to a conclusion
- Location: Ideally Nairobi, Kenya - but other locations possible with frequent travel
- Travel: Moderate travel to/within Kenya, and other locations where supply chain partners operate (Africa, India, China, Taiwan, etc)
- Compensation: Competitive, reflective of skills, knowledge, and experience, inclusive of performance bonus
- Benefits: Comprehensive
- Minimum of  years of professional experience working with electric vehicles and/or electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- Priority will be given to those with deep experience building electric mobility products and/or managing electric vehicle supply chains and partners
- Understanding of the practical implementation of product management tools, processes, and techniques
You Might Be A Good Fit If
- You are passionate about mobility and engaging with motorbike drivers, riders, and small business owners
- You understand and appreciate the power of credit financing for underbanked populations
- You have experience building mobility products and services
- You thrive equally as well in the field engaging with and running customer tests as you do in the Board room reporting on key metrics and building a long-term strategy
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, work environment
- Be excited about the future of electric mobility and all the social and customer benefits it brings
- You like to have fun and being part of a close-knit team
Mobility is M-KOPA’s newest business unit and we believe vehicle financing will be M-KOPA’s next breakthrough product. We believe in the power of financing and connected technology to empower transport entrepreneurs to own their future and we want to lead Africa’s transition to clean, electric transportation. We are rapidly building out a Mobility team of talented high performers who are passionate about the power of mobility
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.