Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world.
The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
Read more about this company
Administratively to Regional Manager â€“ Coast and Programmatically to Program Manager; Nutrition.
The role is responsible for effective planning, budgeting, implementing and evaluating community-based nutrition programmes to address persistently high levels of acute and chronic malnutrition, support integration of nutrition actions in emergency preparedness and response, food and livelihood security as well as support generation of knowledge and documentation of best practices in the field of public health nutrition.
The strategy is to develop and deliver an integrated nutrition resilience framework for intervention execution focusing on partnerships, advocacy, behaviour and attitude change manifested in the application of optimal nutrition practices across the life cycle prior to, during and after emergencies.
Duties And Responsibilities
Programme coordination and partnerships:
- Coordinate with Regional and Branch Offices, communities and other stakeholders in development of costed contingency and nutrition action plans aligned to the Government policies, strategic action plan as well as the Societyâ€™s strategic objectives
- Coordinate with other regional technical officers, project officers, implementation of funded projects, enhancing synergies with other partners implementing in the same area, relevant line ministries, towards realizing intended nutritional outcomes as well as contributing to realization of overall project goals
- Participate in Nutrition Technical and other forums.
- Build partnerships with other stakeholders, including county and district representatives, communities, that would enhance advocacy efforts to scale up nutrition at county level
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to articulate issues related to humanitarian relief services at county level
- Support integration of nutrition in vulnerability capacity assessments, disaster risk mapping tools, health initiatives including vaccination campaigns, HIV, food security and livelihood programmes
- Provide nutrition specific training to existing Red Cross Action Teams (RCAT), Disaster Response Teams (DRTs) at the community, Branch and Regional level to enhance their response capacity during emergencies
- Support in roll out of National level nutrition protocols to health workers for improving quality service delivery
Monitoring And Evaluation
- Initiate and coordinate nutrition assessments during emergencies to establish the magnitude of nutrition needs for affected population.
- Ensure monitoring actions for compliance to the Breast milk Substitutes regulations and control act and reporting on any violations
- Participate in evaluation studies, operational research and other knowledge generation initiatives and documenting relevant learningâ€™s for dissemination and for supporting organizational development
- In close conjunction with the region/branch, specifically the National disaster management authority, assist in the development and implementation of community based nutrition early warning systems (EWS) utilizing existing technology
- Prepare inception reports, concept papers, periodic progress reports and annual reports showing achievements against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and areas of improvement
- Periodically visit KRCS project sites within the region to ensure integration of nutrition activities.
- Coordinate with supply chain function to ensure stockpiling is carried out through prepositioning of emergency items at various warehouses for distribution to the affected communities
- Coordinate with other regional technical officers in preparation of funding proposals and appeals for region specific development needs and humanitarian assistance in line with the sector strategic plan by ensuring adherence to donor requirement.
- Support the organizations income-generating activities through implementation of marketing strategies aimed at sensitizing all clients about KRCS.
- BSc Foods and Nutrition or equivalent
- At least 3 yearsâ€™ experience in planning, implementing, monitoring an devaluation of nutrition programs
- Experience in delivery of high quality emergency nutrition programs
Skills And Experience
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- A good team player and culturally sensitive
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including data entry and analysis such as SPSS , ENA for SMART
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly flexible and ability to cope with stressful situations
go to method of application »
No of Positions: 2
Reporting to: Technically to M&E Manager and Programmatically to Regional Programs Coordinator
The role is responsible for providing technical monitoring and evaluation support to Sub Recipient (SR) staff and overseeing all M&E plans for the assigned region. These responsibilities include coordinating and supervising MEAL resources and processes, ensuring implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools, analyzing and ensuring quality reporting, monitoring of outcomes and continuous performance improvement by undertaking and implementing all MEAL related activities as appropriate. The Regional MEAL Officer is expected to conduct regular field visit and supervise the program implementation and data quality assurance plan. The MEAL Officer will also lead learning and reflection activities to improve program quality, monitor results and impact, share lessons learned, best practices and ensure that accountability and other cross-cutting issues are adequately incorporated into project and MEAL activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with MEAL team or MEAL focal points of partner organizations to develop capacity of regional staff and SRs on the program M&E framework, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, M&E methods and principles and reporting systems.
- Promote learning through documentation of lessons learned and developing approaches for analysis and utilization of data for decision-making among SRs.
- Ensure quality of program implementation, monitoring and data reported by field offices and SRs through capacity building, supportive supervision, routine checking and regular validation of data.
- Undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to projects to assess progress against approved plans, provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Assist in designing and regularly updates program MEAL guidelines and tools and ensures that project staff have access and utilization of project tools.
- Monitoring partners to ensure that implementation of activities is being done in accordance with signed agreements and timelines.
- Oversee the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and guidelines for data management and data quality assurance in line with national and international policies.
- Data reporting and analysis to compile monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and develop ad-hoc reports project highlighting project/program outputs, case studies, stories highlighting areas for project improvement.
- Ensure timely reporting to stakeholders including to donors, local government units, partners, community beneficiaries, among others.
- Manage project evaluation and learning i.e. surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- University degree, preferably in statistics, information management, public health or related fields.
- Demonstrated competence in undertaking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning related role in a humanitarian context.
- Over 3 years’ practical work experience from at least one of the following areas: Capacity building, Accountability and Complaints handling; and Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting for HIV programs.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrated strong data management, information management and database management skills and ability to compile strategic and donor reports.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience on developing M&E plan, databases, logical and conceptual frameworks for HIV interventions.
- Computer proficiency in Ms office i.e. Ms word, Ms access, spreadsheet and graphics presentations.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Reports to the Finance Manager for coordinating, analyzing and estimating future revenues and expenditure. The holder of the position will be expected to compile and develop the annual budget for respective departments / thematic areas, coordinating payments and fund transfers to Regions and Branches as per resource allocation schedules. Other responsibilities include examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with approved policy guidelines as well as providing variance analysis to cost centres to ensure effective utilization of financial resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the monthly and other annual and periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- Provide technical leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of the annual budgets and plans aimed at operationalizing programmes and projects activities
- Compile and analyze accounting reports, records and other data to maintain expenditure controls and determine the financial resources required to implement specific programmes
- Coordinate and evaluate programme activities and processes in order to prioritize and recommend budget requests, emergency funds, reallocations and resource levels. In addition, consult with Heads of Departments to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes
- Prepare accurate forecasts for all types of income and expenditures, including new and expanded support services and programs, salary proposals, collaborative policy development agreements, capital construction, equipment needs, supplies, transport and utilities
- Continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the unit.
- Prepare and facilitate all project audits both statutory and special and ensure that all audit findings are dealt with.
- Prepare comparative analysis of operating programmes by analyzing costs in relation to services performed during previous fiscal years and submitting reports with recommendations for budget revisions
- Review operating budgets and conduct cost-benefit analyses to evaluate operational and budget issues and trends affecting budget needs, review financial requests and explore alternative financing methods in order to prepare comprehensive long-term financial plans forecasts and budgets
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy and conformance with procedures and regulations and prepare regular and special budget reports and make presentations to facilitate the interpretation of budget directives and then recommend suitable policies for implementing directives
- Develop strategies for tracking and monitoring the implementation of strategic financial management plans against set objectives and budgets and ensuring that any negative variances are brought to the attention of the relevant head of Department.
- Mentor and grow accountant assistants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Admin or related field.
- CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications.
- Over five (5) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including
- Knowledge of the ERP systems (Navision knowledge added advantage)
- Advanced computer analytic skills.
Skills and experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the development of public policy .
- Effective interpersonal skills to establish cooperative working relationships in the course of performing assigned duties
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, analyse financial and operational data and information, think analytically and critically
go to method of application »
Reporting to: Head Of Content Switch TV
This position is responsible for the understanding of overall channel positioning objective and deliver content that is in-line with this. Must be dynamic, self driven and savvy creative producer with a proven track record, knowledge, passion, curiosity ad love of television content to support/bring ideas to life in ways that are on-brand, connect with strategy, satisfy clients and efficiently
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of channels existing goals and overall strategy when managing the development and production process.
- Produce a variety of content for multiple shows and platforms with a hands-on creative approach.
- Coordinating post-production by seamlessly shifting from managing the many logistics of a production to providing creative feedback in an edit.
- Resourcefulness to secure bookings, necessary locations, negotiate with vendors, create budgets and schedules as projects shift, and deliver all deliverables. Ensuring that all deliverables are turned in on time and the project stays on budget.
- Work with on-air talent both in-studio including on-air presentation, scripting and field production.
- Work with sales and commercial team to execute sponsorship activation and make sure that this is in-line with the client brief.
- Promotion & Marketing: ensure any show that you are handling has up to date promos. Liaise with marketing on all show related marketing activities.
- Form and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with people at various levels, both within and outside the company.
- Push creative boundaries and establish high-level executions that super-serve fans and work across all screens/platforms.
- Generate original ideas, identify suitable ideas from others, and carry out thorough research.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned to you.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or in a related field
- Have at least two years’ experience as a Producer
- Good communication skills and is very creative
- Must have strong time management and listening skills and have an eye for good quality production
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Be able to make solid judgments and decisions in a timely manner.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.