National AIDS Control Council Provides policy and a Strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya.
The objective is the Provision of policy and a strategic framework, Mobilization and coordination of resources, Prevention ...
Read more about this company
Chief Executive OfficerGrade NACC 2
POLICY, MONITORING & RESEARCH
The post holder is charged with the responsibility to support the Council’s mandate to providepolicy and strategic direction, coordinate research and strategic information, monitor and evaluate program implementation,and mobilizeresources for the national HIV andsexually transmitted infections(STI)response.He/she is expected to generate strategic information that leverages cutting-edge information systems and technological innovations tosecure an enabling policy, programming andresource mobilization environmentfor the country’s HIV and STIresponse.
The core function is to provideoversightand stewardship for the departmental level to;
- Develop and review HIV and STI-related policies and strategic directions.
- Developand implement effective HIV and STI-related performance monitoring and evaluation(M&E)frameworks.
- Identify gaps, develop and executethe HIV and STI-related research/knowledge management agenda.
- ProvideHIV and STI-relatedstrategic information to develop and implement evidence-basedprogrammes.
- Utilize HIV and STI-related strategic informationfor resource mobilisation,resource allocation for efficiencies, effectiveness and impact
- Provide oversight on creation of mechanisms for KASF implementation review by counties and other partners
- Oversee the developmentof HIV and STI-relatedpolicy and strategic frameworks.
- Generate evidence to advise on HIVand STIsprogramming in line withstrategic objectives.
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of innovative technologies and information systems to support the efficient and cost-effective implementation of evidence-based HIV and STIs programs.
- Spearhead design and delivery of sector-wide impact assessments along programme strategic objectives.
- Develop, implement and review monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks, systems and procedures for tracking HIVand STIsprogram implementation and resources.
- Oversee an up to date knowledge management repository for the Council in line with national and county HIV strategic objectives.
- Create effective mechanisms for coordinationof the implementation,review of HIV and STI-related policies and strategies.
- Generate and utilize strategic information in support of other NACCDepartments to implement evidence-informed programs.
- Establish and operationalof HIV and STIs strategicinformationworking and coordination groups.
- Provide leadership and supportive supervision to staff within the department.
- Postgraduate degree in epidemiology, public health, social sciences, economics, statistics,or closely related field.
- Bachelor’s degree inpublic health, medicine, epidemiology, medical statistics, healtheconomics, policy, or closely related field.
- PhD is an added advantage.
Minimum of ten (10) years’leadership experience in development and implementation of HIV-relatedpolicy and strategy, M&E, research coordination and programme implementation.
- High level understanding of the status of HIV and the response in Kenya.
- Understanding of human rights-based approaches in strategy development.
- Experience in HIV research, programmes implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Evidence of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in developing HIVand STIs-related strategies, policies and guidelines
- Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to coordinate multi-sectoralpartnerships and engagements
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and conducting research in programmes targeting vulnerable and marginalized communities
go to method of application »
HEAD , RESEARCH
Grade NACC 4
POLICY, MONITORING & RESEARCH
This position entails development, implementation and review of the Kenya HIV Research Agenda to ensure effective translation of research into local policy and practice. Also entails provision of support in multi-sectoral coordination of research stakeholders in Kenya as well as dissemination of research products in local, regional and international conferences in alignment to the HIV strategic framework across all levels.
- Develop, and disseminate the Kenya HIV Research Agenda whichoutlines HIV research priorities for the country in alignment withthe Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework.
- Overseeimplementation of the HIV Research Agendaincluding coordination of research stakeholders at national and county level
- Undertake reviews of the Kenya HIVResearch Agenda to determine progress in implementation and inform resource allocation
- Operationalize the Kenya AIDS Research Coordination Mechanism (KARSCOM) which takes a lead role in stakeholder engagement for HIV research in the country.
- Organize and participate in quarterly stakeholder meetings for Research stakeholders to discuss progress in the country’s HIV research as well as set agendas for subsequent quarters through the KARSCOM.
- Establish and disseminate the Kenya HIV Research Hub which is a web-based platform that collates studies on HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health and co-morbidities such as TB to promote evidence-based decision making.
- Organize quarterly webinar meetings with stakeholders through the Research Hub to engage and discuss on the new studies and development in HIV Research
- Develop and disseminate quarterly briefs that summarize new and emerging research findings and their implication on HIV policy and programming.
- Engage partners to mobilize resources for implementation of the country’s HIV research agenda.
- Contribute to organization of the biennialMaisha HIV and AIDS Research conference that brings together researchers, policy makers, implementers and counties providing a platform to share knowledge on HIV research as well as bestpractices in programming.
- Review abstracts for the Maisha conference and communicate feedback to conference delegates who submitted abstracts.
- Prepare concept notes and terms of Reference for various upcoming projects for funding from partners (such as UNAIDS, UNDP, Global Fund) and engagement of various consultants
- Undertake administrative roles that facilitate the above tasks such as; invitations and communication to stakeholders through emails and letters; prepare for meetings through development and circulation of agenda and take minutes for various meetings held; prepare memos to facilitate activities.
A candidate must possess:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology or closelyrelated fieldBachelor’s degree in Public Health,Social Sciences, Epidemiology or closely related field
Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in multi-sectoral HIV preventionand carework; at least three (3) years of which should involveworking experience in HIV researchas evidenced by publications in scientific journals, presentations in research conferences and/or successful research grant submissions
- Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with stakeholders in HIV research that range from institutions of higher learning, ethics review committees, HIV research & implementing partners as well asdevelopment partners
- Communication and interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with various HIV research stakeholders
- IT proficiency is an added advantage to effectively manage the research hub which is an online web-based platform
- Team player to effectively engage with other team members for deliveryof the various roles of the division5.Analytical, strategic planning and policy making skills
go to method of application »
Responsible for providing effective confidential and public relations services to the office of the Chief Executive Officer. Specific duties include preparing correspondence, providing information to staff and stakeholders, scheduling appointments to ensure efficient and effective progress in all commitments.
Core Working Relationships
Head, Legal Services, Deputy Directors, Board Members and Ministry of Health liaison officers
- Maintain efficient and effective communication channels between the Office of the Chief Executive Officer; the Council Chairperson; Council members; other departments and external customers to ensure professional interface and superior customer service
- Maintain the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar and schedule of appointments, screen requests for meetings, synchronizeoffice and personal diaries to ensure that appointments do not overlap.
- Coordinate the preparation of both local and international itineraries for the Chief Executive Officer; confirm travel bookings, freight and hotel reservations
- In chargeof the preparation of board agenda documents and circulation
- Coordination of logistics and administrative support towards organization of meetings convened by the Chief Executive Officer
- Plan and manage special assignments
- Draft routine correspondence and reports; proofread a wide variety of general reports, letters, and memos and independently compose correspondence on routine administrative matters
- Handle routine matters personally and determine and forward priority matters to the Chief Executive Officer or appropriate officers accordingly
- Handle enquiries and complaints, brief the Chief Executive Officer of sticky and unresolved issues requiring prompt decision-making to ensure customer satisfaction •monitor and control office expenditure
- Attend meetings; take notes or minutes as per the Chief Executive Officer’s instructions
- Must possess a Master’s degree in either Public Health, Epidemiology, Law, Social Sciences, Business Management, Public Administration, Public Relations, Communicationor any other relevant degree.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- Applicants who demonstrate High level Proficiency in Computer keyboard operations and transcription skills shall be accordedan added advantage
Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience gained in providing support to top executive and senior management
- Considerable tact and poise including excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations through courteous responses to inquiries and provide information within scope of responsibility.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to priorities workloads and work within tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Ability to produce consistently high-qualitywork in an intensely pressurized office environment.
- Ability to perform a variety of important sometimes urgent, confidential, and complex tasks with constantly changing priorities for top executives
Method of Application
The above positions are on a three (3) year renewable contract basis subject to satisfactory performance through a formal appraisal. The individuals recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team. If you fulfil the requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope by 5:00 p.m on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 to the address provided below.
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT discriminate any applicant on the basis of their HIV status, ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For candidates to be considered, they will be required to meet the expectations of Chapter 6 on Leadership and Integrity. This will include but is not limited to getting the following clearances:
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti – Corruption Commission on Integrity
- Certificate of Compliance from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Tax Compliance Clearance
- Certificate of Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.