The purpose of the Safeguarding Analyst is to lead analytical support and interpretation for partnership-wide safeguarding operations and initiatives. This role is instrumental in the development, continuity and capturing of learnings for continuous improvement in safeguarding measures and plays a key part in influencing areas of organizational strategic capability (pro-active, active and reactive).
The candidate will work with a wide range of stakeholders and will be responsible for conducting analysis ensuring both pro-active and re-active safeguarding capability and delivery to the field. The role also plays a key part in shaping and influencing areas of organizational strategic risk and readiness while also providing an interface between the Safeguarding Global Center office and the wider aid sector safeguarding research and analysis community.
Data analysis and interpretation for safeguarding matters to enable evidence-based decision making, including recommendations to leadership
Strategic Level: Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify emerging organizational safeguarding needs and solutions within the changing aid landscape.
- Analysis and evidence provided to enhance safeguarding policies and practices and ensure alignment with organizational standards and international best practices.
- Strong data analysis, information management and communication of findings and trends to influence organizational leadership decisions on critical safeguarding issues.
Technical Level: Provide technical direction and management of metrics and ensure incident data integrity for a variety of safeguarding reports.
- Build Power Bi reports that highlight general and specific safeguarding risk trends across entire WV Partnership, Support Offices, all Field Offices (FO) and FO segments, and package for leadership decision making.
- Technical expertise provided in the development and implementation of analytical processes for Safeguarding functions within WV and across the Partnership to assist with safeguarding risk management.
- Support the globally-distributed incident data dashboard for all child and adult safeguarding incidents, ensuring that key demographic and other meaningful data points are analyzed and packaged for decision making at regular intervals.
Safeguarding information and knowledge management
- Manage the development and implementation of the global safeguarding information procedures. Ensure safeguarding information procedures are in alignment with other risk areas supported by Enterprise Risk Management, particularly vis-à-vis Ethics Point.
- Contribute towards the process of continuous learning on international best practice in safeguarding information management and analysis and identify tools and processes that can be implemented into WV operations globally. Support the creation and implementation of safeguarding knowledge management practices.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of information analysis (at an operational, tactical and strategic level); risk assessment and safeguarding risk management.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning - Capacity Building
- Lead the production of safeguarding metrics and leverage data from across the organization for continuous improvement and prioritization.
- Support the capacity development of safeguarding for MEAL across the network. Including the creation of a Safeguarding MEAL framework for the next work and key indicators for tracking.
- Contribute to the work of safeguarding behavioral change research and efforts - seeking to change behaviors that either cause harm or fail to prevent harm.
- Document evidence-based learning practices and support the creation of learning products.
Internal Liaison & Co-ordination
- Promote internal safeguarding knowledge transfer and information sharing to promote cross functional linkages and build an overall safeguarding culture across the partnership.
- Enhance opportunities for cross-sector learning including tracking developments in the field and contributing to communities of practice to enhance institutional knowledge.
- Collaborate with other professionals in the humanitarian safeguarding field and engage in working groups. Engage as a subject matter expert on safeguarding research and produce learning products promoting safeguarding developments for distribution among partners and in professional outlets.
- Keep abreast of developments in the safeguarding field, foster cooperation with external partners, providers and consortiums.
go to method of application »
The Business Analyst is responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to translate business needs into IT requirements. The incumbent is involved in all phases of the design, development and implementation of technology solutions throughout the business case and development life cycle processes. As an individual contributor, the incumbent is responsible to work closely with head of IT &Digital in championing IT
Change and Innovation through adoption of IT Enabled Services and Solutions.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of WVK’s business needs and processes, the job holder is expected to collaborate with other IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible and determine how such solutions will impact existing
work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration.
Planning & Liaison- 15%
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy and direction.
- Participates in short-term planning sessions with a client to implement process improvement within an assigned client area.
- Assists with drafting of proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
- Serves as the link between the business, third party vendors and the IT technical team
Business Requirements Documentation- 40%
- Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analysing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and provide advice on options.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyses customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
Business Process Improvement – 10%
- Analyses and recommends improvements to business processes and models.
- Assists with prioritizing business process improvements.
- Documents current business processes and models.
Business Communications & Consulting – 15%
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to the business units.
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from the initial requirements phase to final implementation phase of projects.
- Actively participates in the creation, review and analysis of user stories/epics in projects utilizing agile development methodology.
SLA & Business Value Realization- 10%
- May develop Service Level Agreements (SLA) or select vendors for clients in accordance with IT standards and specifications as required
- Work with various business units to drive utilization of IT services and solutions to drive maximum value from the investment.
Customer Support- 10%
- Monitors and analyses metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides documentation, training, and guidance for IT clients
- Provides responsive support for problems found during normal working hours as well as outside normal working hours.
Knowledge and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or another related field.
- 4-5 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Requires working knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes
- Communication for Results: Excellent communication skills with ability to engage and coherently communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate depth of Business Enterprise Knowledge
- Process change management
- Good customer service skills and experience
- Excellent business relationship skills
- Ability to relate technical issue to a largely non-technical audience
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Technical certification in one or more IT disciplines or technology. E.g. Certified Business Analyst
go to method of application »
Data Protection & Compliance
- Evaluate the WV existing data protection framework and identify areas of non or partial compliance in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2019 including aligning the same to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Conduct regular data impact assessments to ensure compliance with data protection laws.
- Work with departmental heads in reviewing current process of data collection, use, storage, disclosure and otherwise processing of such personal or sensitive data, and advise on any matters in relation to data protection compliance including revisions to WVK internal procedures to integrate consent taking processes, procedures to manage risks, safeguards, security measures and mechanisms for protection of data.
- Work with the Operations Manager to identify third parties that WVK shares data with and ensure that they have processes in place for handling data and prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure, and so promote a culture of data protection compliance with third parties.
- Take ownership of data protection documentation and reporting requirements, including records of processing activities, privacy notices, data protection impact assessments, data incident records and data breach reporting, and conduct periodic compliance assessments of these.
Staff Data Protection Education & Compliance
- Provide expert advice and educate employees on important data compliance requirements
- Hold training with staff members across different business units who are involved in data handling or processing
- Raise levels of awareness of data protection issues to all WVK staff regarding data compliance for those who are involved in processing sensitive and personal data by providing training and data protection advice and support.
- Ensure WV Data Protection & Compliance quality standards are maintained, which includes but is not limited to:
- Proactively conduct audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues
- Conduct regular data impact assessments to ensure compliance with data protection laws.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the legal and compliance team in relation to data protection issues and review WVK contractual documents with clients, employees, suppliers third party service providers and other counterparties which process data and incorporate appropriate clauses to mitigate the risk of breaching data protection laws
- Developing incidence reporting systems
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time
- Participate and contribute in committees and task forces as may be signed from time to time
Qualification & Skills
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the job training;
- Minimum 4-5 years’ professional experience working in a busy organization.
- Expertise in data protection and compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks, specifically privacy and data protection laws, rules and regulations
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local, international and industry standards
- Knowledge and experience in data processing and managing areas relevant to privacy and data protection (information security; data governance; third party risk management; data encryption/decryption)
- Experience with digital security awareness topics and best practices, particularly cybersecurity
- Experience with remote facilitation and training
- Experience within a legal, audit and/or risk function department
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analytic and computer skills
- The position holder should have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Informatics, Law, Statistics or their equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution;
- Technical data strategy and protection certification standard such as protection information management (PIM), AWS data pipeline engineering, or certified information systems auditor (CISA) is an added advantage.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with Office of Data Protection Commissioner officials.
- Strong budgetary and financial management skills.
- The person must be results oriented, able to handle public relations, and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, and physical hardship conditions.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.