Telkom Kenya was established as a telecommunications operator under the Companies Act in April 1999. We provide integrated communications solutions in Kenya with the widest range of voice and data services as well as network facilities for residential and business customers. We are proud to play a prominent role in the information and communications technology sector, serving millions of Kenyans across the country.
Role Purpose: He/she will oversee consultative selling and large account management through conceptualization, planning, development and implementation of an end to end account management plan for a sustainable long-term business relationship growth between the channel Partners and Telkom Kenya and also recruit and service Alternative Channels of distribution countrywide, through acquiring new partners and developing existing partners for achievement of revenue and acquisition targets.
Responsibilities for the Alternative Channel Representative Job
- Be lead point of contact for all matters specific to the partners within the defined channel accounts portfolio and develop a trusted advisor relationship with the channel partners.
- Ensure overall account management and development through account development plans so as to build and maintain strong, long-lasting Partner relationships with a view to maximize the lifetime value of the partner.
- Meet and exceed sales targets by developing long-term relationships within the targeted Channel Partners, and by identifying more opportunities to sell within existing accounts to demonstrate overall revenue growth within his/her Channel Partner accounts.
- Recruit and develop and manage new Alternative Channels Partner accounts to meet the market penetration requirements
- Participate in the achievement of targets set for acquisitions and airtime purchases with relation to Alternative Channel Accounts Managed
- Ensure Telkom Kenya promotions, offers are executed on the ground
- Consolidate and share for onward internal strategy improvement and all the channel partners’ feedback as well as market intelligence gathered by self, regarding the channels.
- Follow up on orders processing and deliveries to Alternative Channel Accounts, all regular and ad hoc sales reports & analysis handle Alternative Channel Partner Accounts queries.
- Participate in driving the approved programs within the retail channels and update the Alternative Channel Accounts administration data.
- Monitor and Report on Sales, Stock levels to ensure availability
- Monitor, supervise and report on Branding materials put up in all outlets
- Report on issues arising from the market in their channels
- Timely minutes of meetings with Channel partners
Alternative Channel Representative Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or business related field from a recognized Institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in sales and account management /client service.
- Be a team player with pleasant outgoing personality and resilience.
- Knowledge of ethics and corporate governance ethos.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to propose solutions, make advices.
- Good knowledge of different handsets and their performances, modern communication techniques: mobile fax, data transmissions
- Influencing/Advising customers on company products & services
- Problem solving/Designing solutions to sales related issues arising in the course of work to the satisfaction of customers; Planning route plans, sales promos & initiatives
go to method of application »
Role Purpose: The IT Network Engineer will provide support in the operation and implementation of enterprise networks.The role provides support for network systems including problem determination and resolution as necessary.This position provides network implementation and support services to internal Clients and their Affiliates.
Responsibilities for the IT Network Engineer Job
- Taking design and architecture documents and produces implementation plans and configuration templates
- Using network performance data to determine network inefficiencies or for problem resolution
- Scheduling and executing complex changes to the Enterprise network
- Communicating directly with key vendors for problem resolution
- Reviewing customer requirements and participates in the development of network solutions to address requirements
- Partnering with business lines, and other departments to ensure successful migrations and achievement of program goals and objectives
- Evaluating and testing design solutions against requirements and produces necessary test documentation
- Overseeing installation and commissioning of corporate LAN and MAN
- Setup, configuration and commissioning of corporate WAN elements and internet gateways
- Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards; the design and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Reporting network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
IT Network Engineer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field or relevant work experience.
- 2-3 Years’ experience in a similar position.
- Relevant professional qualifications – CCNA/CCNP Preferred
- Experience in the telecom sector and/or Internet Service Provider will be an added advantage
- Strong Team Work
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to delivery on set timelines.
- Result and Goal oriented
- Ability to meet organisation objectives and goals.
Method of Application
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position. Application should be sent by latest 21st November 2016, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.Apply through email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject field.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.