World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of The Position
To influence partners and grow resources (Donors, Government Line Ministries, UN Agencies and the General Public) at National and Sub National levels to meaningfully engage with World Vision Kenya to promote child wellbeing.
To position WVK effectively as a trustworthy partner through local level engagement that results in the leveraging of resources for WV Kenya.
To support the PDGA Director in the development and implementation of clear and tangible strategies for ensuring: 1) effective stakeholder engagement at all levels of the organization, 2) well-coordinated and target responsive resource acquisition efforts that focuses on WVK’s programmatic priorities and core competencies 3) HEA coordination
Leadership & Strategic Management
- Ensure that the successful implementation of the resource acquisition management system enhances WVK programmatic impact in accordance with established strategic priorities while increasing donor satisfaction and retention
- Ensure that business processes, standards and policies – developed in coordination with other WVK entities
- Ensure that the local resource acquisition management system effectively standardizes processes for identifying and establishing priority sectors and opportunities, assessing risk considerations and making go / no go decisions
- Provide leadership on the Local Sponsorship Program’ Inuka Angaza’ as Chair
- Support in directing the elaboration, roll out and implementation of a coordinated, multi-level level engagement strategy to advance WVK’s programmatic priorities and enhance its organizational profile
- Support the in directing the elaboration, roll out and implementation of an integrated, organizational wide, resource acquisition ( including local resource) and management system for local funding streams and lead engagement efforts with prioritized, high profile national donors;
- Facilitate establishing and roll out protocols for coordinating communication between ministry units (operations, regions, , ADPs) and support offices, key national donors and other local stakeholders;
- Forge effective strategic partnerships and linkages with the Government, Donors and Non State Actors
- Support in directing the elaboration, roll out and implementation of the systems and processes required to enhance WVK’s organizational competencies in engagement and profiling
- Impart appropriate mentoring, coaching and supervision in order to equip, motivate and empower a new generation of program leaders within WVK that are highly skilled in terms of stakeholder engagement, and resource development
- Ensure empirical evidence is collated, researched and disseminated to key stakeholders based on child wellbeing outcomes.
- Ensure donor business plans / partnership plans are in place, updated and active
- Increase WVK income as per agreed targets
- Ensure a clear donor / partner pre-positioning strategy is in place
- Ensure measurable Private Public Partnership engagement
- Ensure that the proposal development and related processes include standardized approaches for budget, procurement and personnel planning and monitoring
Engagement, Networking & Collaboration with Internal & External Stakeholders
- Ensure that the successful implementation of a coordinated local engagement strategy
- Identify and prioritize key stakeholders, create clear points of engagement locally
- Develop essential core competencies and provide the support and assistance to foster continuous, effective engagement
- Facilitate WVK engagement with Government and partners
- Ensure that strategic partnerships are established, strengthened and maintained – with the private sector, government and CSO partners.
- Facilitate branding and profiling of the organization
- Provide oversight to WVUS vision trips donors and partners in line with WVK strategy and program priorities
- Ensure timely provision of reports to Donors and WVUS staff
- Ensure well planned and organized visits as well as excellent customer care for US Major Donors and ensure good return on investment
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of which should include program design for development programs, grant acquisition and management, and local fundraising
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in leading and coordinating teams
- Ample experience and expertise in partnering with government, multilateral donors and private sector
- Must have experience in local institutions and how they work
- Knowledge of WVI working systems, policies and standards will be an advantage.
- Office based environment with frequent travel
- Travel required: domestic and international travel is required
- On call: as may be required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply