Founded in 2011, Task Information Technology (Task IT) is an IT services and solutions consulting firm. We offer consultancy, professional and managed services and software development, with a reputation for excellence in supporting and serving our customers. We specialize in finding the optimum solution to meet our clients operational needs, using in-house and external consultancy expertise and software development, where and when needed, to create perfectly tailored and scalable systems and support services.
Duties for the Civil/ Waste Water Engineer Job
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or non-potable water.
- Design sludge treatment plants.
- Provide technical support on water resource or treatment issues to government agencies.
- Conduct water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Gather and analyze water use data to forecast water demand.
- Write technical reports or publications related to water resources development or water use efficiency.
- Analyze and recommend sludge treatment or disposal methods.
- Design water run-off collection networks, water supply channels, or water supply system networks.
- Design water or wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
- Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to water or wastewater treatment systems.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Perform hydrological analyses, using three-dimensional simulation software, to model the movement of water or forecast the dispersion of chemical pollutants in the water supply.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee the construction of decentralized or on-site wastewater treatment systems, including reclaimed water facilities.
- Conduct feasibility studies for the construction of facilities, such as water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Conduct environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses for the construction of water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
Civil/ Waste Water Engineer Job Qualifications
- First University degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Water Engineering or other related discipline;
- A post graduate qualification in waste water management;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline would be preferred;
- Relevant professional experience of Five (5) years, two of which should have been at managerial level preferably;
- Prior experience or familiarity with assignment would be a distinct advantage;
- Good spoken and written English and relevant computer skills.
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Experience in managing a team;
- Excellent analysis and reporting, communication and organization skills;
- Respect for applicable rules and procedures;
- Ethical and transparent decision-making;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure;
Method of Application
Qualified Candidates are requested to submit an Application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer. Applications, addressed to the:
Task Information Technology
P.O. Box 51547 -00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Waste Water / Civil Engineer in the Subject line of the email. Applications must be submitted not later than close of business on 5th December 2016. Only successful applicants will be contacted.