If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Trocaire on behalf of its partner Bishop Gasis Relief and Rescue Foundation is advertising for the role of Finance and Grants Manager. This is a new position that has come up following strategic decisions taken by the board that have led to re-alignment of roles to address certain gaps within the organization.
Key Duties for the Finance & Grants Manager Job
Leadership and Capacity Development
- Provide strategic input and financial management advice/assistance to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on all critical decisions affecting the organization.
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, Navision, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
- Actively participate in the operations management team meetings.
- Facilitate management and other non-finance staff especially project/program staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure finance policies and procedures are understood by SMT, program management team and other technical staff as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally and externally (other NGOs, banking entities etc.) through effective communication, relationships for the benefit of the organization.
- Adhere to key policy documents – vision, mission, staff code conduct among others
- Contribute to the development of the organizational strategic direction and priorities.
Planning, Budgeting, Analysis and Grant Management
- Coordinate the financial planning and budgeting process: provide leadership in preparation of the annual budget and consolidating all program/project budgets into the overall organization budget according to prescribed formats and standards.
- Coordinate with program/project management staff closely in the preparation of proposal budgets as well as any budget revisions as necessary, ensuring all the necessary costs are included in grant budgets.
- Prepare annual detailed core office management support/administrative/overhead budget; ensuring the budgets incorporate core staff structure, and infrastructure for the organization.
- Develop/maintain a system of tracking all funding raised by the organization ensuring all the relevant key information pertaining to each grant/funding source such as project no. project description, start date, end date location total commitment per agreement, total amount received plus other information is captured.
- Develop/maintain all donor compliance checklist with key compliance regulations, requirements and specific time lines.
Fiscal accounting, compliance, monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant financial reporting to the SMT for internal management use and in line with donor requirements.
- Ensure adherence to set policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the organisational Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: cash management, grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, funding carry-forward, accounting and reporting.
- Establish and maintain cash management systems that ensure the availability of cash/funds for project implementation and other office cash needs.
- Monitor actual expenditure against budgets enforcing discipline to ensure adherence to budget provisions.
- Initiate corrections and budget revisions where necessary in a timely manner.
- Review the reconciliation of actual cash/funding received against signed donor agreements and follow up on any outstanding out-standing items.
- Provide regular analysis of Project/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to Project/Grant managers for program/project decision making.
- Follow up on implementation of audit findings and determine what support is needed to ensure complete implementation of all audit findings.
- Provide cost analysis and make recommendations for determining effective resource utilisation at all levels of the organisation
- Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures that promote cost efficiency and stewardship collaboration other key operations staff.
- Develop / update and implement a robust capital assets & equipment management policy – ensuring that the organisational assets are properly utilised and safeguarded.
Financial Risk Management and Controls
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems including, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control over organisational assets, resources and operations.
- Manage the financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risks at an institutional and project/program levels.
- Coordinate management responses to institutional and project financial audits, and ensure that related audit recommendations are implemented in a timely manner at all levels.
- Take lead in the statutory and program audits to ensure that adequate audit documentation and checklist are provided to the auditor in timely manner to facilitate smooth audit processes.
- Manage Financial Risk ensuring appropriate controls are in place to mitigate against principal financial risks
- Develop and ensure the implementation of anti-corruption and fraud policies, and strategies.
Finance & Grants Manager Job Requirements
- Internationally recognised professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA)
- A degree in finance and/or accounting from a recognised university. An advanced degree in accounting/finance/business administration will be an added advantage.
- At least five years post qualification experience in financial management and supervisory experience as the head of the finance function/department preferable in the humanitarian/NGO sector
- Must have multi-donor financial management experience and donor grants including government
- Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff members.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a participative style within teams.
- Proactive and able to take initiative in addressing work related challenges.
- Good organisational and planning skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications with the subject Finance and Grants Manager to Human Resources Officer , BGRRF on firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed as they come and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date is 8th Dec 2016.