Sales Engineer Job at Aggreko
Posted on: 6 December, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Aggreko
plc is a supplier of temporary power generation equipment and of temperature control equipment. It is headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index
Purpose of the Job
To achieve monthly and annual sales revenue targets for the full range of Aggreko products and services in the relevant territory.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities
- Servicing of existing customer base and maintaining good working relations at all levels
- Development of new customers and new applications for existing customers.
- Promote all Aggreko products and services at all times.
- Participate in tenders related to Aggreko products and services
- Marketing and Technical presentations to existing and new customers.
- Lead generation from effective prospecting
- Credit Control-ensuring timely payment by customers for products and services offered
- Effective use of CRM system
- Clear proposal development
- Contract negotiations
- Securing orders with acceptable terms and conditions
- Provide accurate forecasts and reports as required
- Ensure customer satisfaction by advising/supporting Operations, HDC and Finance on expectations
- Active promotion of Satmetrix
- Deputize for the Sales Manager as and when required.
- Assist with submission of territory competitor review.
- Be able to ‘troubleshoot’ at installations on customer sites.
- Aggreko places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
Person Specification/Job Requirements
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline, most preferably Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Experience in selling in a B2B environment
- Computer literate
- Dedication and commitment to achieving objectives.
- Target driven and results orientated.
- Must possess entrepreneurial skills, be able to think out of the box, and provide solutions.
- Have the ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) at both a local and international level
- Maintain company confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Drive for results – a deep seated inner desire to compete against standards of excellence and achieve “step changes” in business results.
- Task Completion – reliable, committed to completing tasks.
- Resilience – persistent, positive and self-reliant.
- Accountability – drives outcomes by taking personal responsibility.
- Customer Focus - understands the importance of customer needs, whether internal or external, focuses on responding to them and develops relationships.
- Working together with others – relates to people, engages and builds relationships.
Key Role Interactions
- Sales peers, Sales Managers, Operations, HDC, Finance, External customers
Direct Reports (if applicable)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Aggreko career website on africa.aggreko.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AggrekoSimilar Jobs
- Regional Sales Manager at Pamoja Life
- Tool Keeper at Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Limited
- Global Risk Leader, EasyBuy at Greenlight Planet
- Business Development Representative at Takamoto Biogas
- Job Opportunities at Schneider Electric - 2 Positions