Keeping pace with the demands of a diverse and expanding scope of business services requires strategic cost effective staffing solutions to strengthen, improve, and drive customer competitiveness in today's marketplace. Centurion Staffing Group offices throughout New Jersey offer not only local market expertise but a proven track record of knowledge, innovation, and excellence. Our emergence as an industry leader has created rapid expansion of our services across our borders into New York and Pennsylvania. We are a full service staffing firm providing cost effective placement options such as temporary and permanent staffing as well as on-site management.
Job Purpose: Bar and restaurant manager ensures that their Branch operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos.
The overall role is to coordinate a variety of activities based upon the size and nature of the outlet.
The manager is responsible for the business performance of the branch, as well as maintaining high standards of drinks, service, and health and safety.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accomplishing the bar & restaurant human resource objectives by fully participating in recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, scheduling and coaching of the staff as well as liaising with the HR office in counseling, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job needs, planning and reviewing staff motivation plans of staff working under them.
- As a key role within the entertainment industry, the bar manager must be fast-paced in acquiring current information on what customers are looking for, what the competitors have on offer, company policies and implement measures that will always see his branch win the business of the day.
- Achieving bar & restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to improve general business performance in their outlets.
- Meet his branch financial performance set targets by forecasting requirements, preparing a monthly and annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions; Providing a monthly sales report to the Finance Manager, cc Finance Director, Operations Chief, BDD, DHR & CEO, as stipulated by the senior management.
- Work to control costs by reviewing the staff required on board, minimizing waste on utilities especially in the wash rooms as well as promote and exceed agreed KPI’s.
- To efficiently administer his branch and ensure all outlets including the barbershop and spa, butchery and the kitchen are functioning well to meet expected customer satisfaction as well as all repairs and maintenance works are done promptly without affecting the branch clientele.
- To communicate with Head office on particular guests’ requirements beyond his/her control, and maintain a close and professional working relationship with all staff.
- Avoid legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission as well as assist in ensuring that the branch complies with all statutory and legal requirements, including fire, Health and Safety, licensing etc. with all documents up to date.
- To attend meetings organized by senior management as required.
- Hold a briefing on daily basis with branch team where important events are communicated to all employees.
- Always work to ensure he has the right stock for his branch and all utilities like electricity and water are utilized and serviced accordingly in liaison with the property management office.
- To be actively involved in all branch staff-related issues and to handle them in a professional manner following the human resource company policies as well as escalating to the HR office matters worth the attention such as loss of cash, employee’s gross misconduct on duty and any unbecoming behavior.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required by Senior Management as well as helping in any area out of the outlet when circumstances dictate.
- Must have Tertiary (Post Form 4) Training in any field 2-3 years in the same or similar position
- Minimum 5 years in bar & restaurant Service
Personal skills and attributes
- A minimum of 32 years preferably a man
- Ability to network and
- Ability to manage a crowd
- Higher level initiative and creativity
go to method of application »
Job Purpose: The primary role of security guards is to protect the property, buildings and grounds and the people who do business and/or live therein.
To execute their duties properly, security guards work in a team and need an immediate leader in their Region of operation, who links them to their manager. This will be the supervisor.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- The security guard supervisor assists the manager as needed, and takes charge in the manager’s absence.
- As a security guard supervisor you will monitor your staff by patrolling them by auto or on foot. You will be expected to consolidate daily parade status report on staff attendance in every shift and relay the same to the security manager’s office.
- The supervisor is also responsible for monitoring any surveillance equipment used on the place of works as well as ensuring any work tool is up and running including proper use by guards.
- Each day the supervisor assigns areas for his/her guards to “man” (do work schedules) and presents a list of potential problems his officers should be lookout for, mostly being alerts from the clients. These will require approval by the security manager.
- Handover i.e. if someone is caught trespassing or committing another crime, the supervisor takes over and forwards to his/her manager who oversees the transfer of the accused person to the custody of local law enforcement personnel.
- The supervisor works with staff to develop safety plans for the buildings the company is
- You will be expected to lead periodic safety drills for employees and patrons in the areas we are providing the security services. This will be with express authority and support from the management company office.
- Resolve work related problems that are within the operation scope with consultation to his/her manager. Any personnel issue to be channeled to the HR or the COO office for further action.
- Work under direction from his/her manager to organize training of new guards on job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Assist the security manager maintain a proper and informing record of all tools of work in the hands of the security guards e.g. full uniform and combat items.
- Handle provision of extra guards in areas out of normal schedules as well as respond to emergency situations that may arise on and off duty.
- Perform any other duty as may be required by his/her immediate supervisors.
- A security guard supervisor should always promote and uphold the chain of command in the force.
- Minimum KCSE Certificate
- 2-3 years in the same or similar position
- 5 years in security field
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Ability to supervise,
- Coordinate and High Level initiative
- An experienced and licensed motorbike rider is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter addressed to the Human Resource Manager, together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials and three referees. Send Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission is 12th December, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted