If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons, HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
The clinical officer will provide clinical services at the drop-in center and during integrated outreaches.
- Overall in-charge of the drop in center
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of HIV opportunistic infections
- Diagnose and treat general medical conditions
- Antiretroviral treatment for HIV positive patients and identification of adverse events related to ART
- Referral of KPs to other health facilities for additional care and treatment not available at the DIC
- Help in preparation of monthly program reports
- Participate in monthly meetings between KP community members and the program team
- Advise the program on matters pertaining to clinical care of key populations
- Perform HIV counseling and testing at the drop-in center
- Perform HIV counseling and testing during outreaches
- Participate in quality improvement at the drop-in center
- Help in preparation of reports
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and Surgery.
- Working experience in the field of HIV/AIDS including counseling, administration of antiretroviral therapy and data collection.
- Computer literacy skills with MS Office software
- Good communication skills, good inter-personal skills
- Able to provide stigma-free and non-discriminatory services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Key populations is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than December 20th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.