Clinical Officer Job at Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO)
Posted on: 12 December, 2016
Deadline: 20 December, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Turkana Pastoralist Development Organization (TUPADO) is an NGO founded in 2000 and registered in Kenya by the NGO Coordination Board.
The organization implements a range of activities including
- rain water harvesting (transfer of skills on modern farming techniques and dry land farming),
- reproductive health targeting four sub-counties of Turkana County through training of community groups and supporting social events,
- animal health (through training on Community Based Animal Health Care and drug provisions),
- marketing and value addition of hides and skins,
- training on the workings and operation of revolving funds community food, veterinary drugs and rainwater harvesting stores,
- resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs),
- restocking of post raids and drought victims,
- support to disabled persons, HIV/AIDS behavior change communication targeting most at risk populations, and
- capacity building (training of communities on participatory development approaches).
The clinical officer will provide clinical services at the drop-in center and during integrated outreaches.
- Overall in-charge of the drop in center
- Screening and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of HIV opportunistic infections
- Diagnose and treat general medical conditions
- Antiretroviral treatment for HIV positive patients and identification of adverse events related to ART
- Referral of KPs to other health facilities for additional care and treatment not available at the DIC
- Help in preparation of monthly program reports
- Participate in monthly meetings between KP community members and the program team
- Advise the program on matters pertaining to clinical care of key populations
- Perform HIV counseling and testing at the drop-in center
- Perform HIV counseling and testing during outreaches
- Participate in quality improvement at the drop-in center
- Help in preparation of reports
- Diploma in Clinical medicine and Surgery.
- Working experience in the field of HIV/AIDS including counseling, administration of antiretroviral therapy and data collection.
- Computer literacy skills with MS Office software
- Good communication skills, good inter-personal skills
- Able to provide stigma-free and non-discriminatory services
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with Key populations is an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than December 20th 2016.
Kindly note that only short listed persons will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Internship Opportunities at UN-Habitat
- Strategic Information & Evaluation Officer at AIDSFree - Elizabeth Glaser
- Assistant at International Committee of the Red Cross
- Internship Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- Nurse Counsellor at TUPADO
- Associate Contracts Management Officer at United Nations
- Career Opportunity at International Federation of Red Cross And Red Crescent Societies
- Emergency Specialist at UNICEF