If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Reference No: 18007
Position Summary: Provides laboratory technical assistance, capacity building, training, laboratory audits and assessments, quality assurance and blood safety services to clinical laboratories being supported by CDC in Kenya (Rift Valley region) and NIH/DAIDS-funded clinical study sites across Africa.
- Degree in biological or laboratory sciences within a clinical or diagnostic setting with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Alternatively, a Higher National Diploma in Medical Technology with at least 7-9 years of relevant laboratory experience or a Master’s degree in biological or laboratory sciences with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- At least three years’ work experience within a clinical laboratory including experience with quality systems including SLMTA/SLIPTA.
- At least two years’ experience working with blood safety or blood banking.
- Ability and aptitude to provide laboratory mentorship and capacity building to improve quality management and technical laboratory functions.
- Excellent ability to conduct laboratory audits and assessments and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication including in English.
go to method of application »
The Program Director (SeniorTechnical Advisor) will work in close collaboration with the Program Team, in providing high-level technical advice and mentoring, specifically to the planning, conducting and reporting assessments, audits, and accreditation-ready inspections of clinical laboratories to the Program on the “Supporting the Development of a HIV-Related Proficiency Testing Network and Quality Management Systems Program for PEPFAR-Supported Countries, including PEPFAR-Supported African Francophone Countries, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”.
Program Director Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and overall mentorship in the planning, conduct, and reporting of assessments, audits, and accreditation-ready inspections of HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems.
- Provide advisory services to the in-country teams on the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives upon request to build HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems with reference to the standards and requirements.
Qualifications for the Program Director Job
- Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or PhD in HIV-related proficiency testing and/or quality management systems, or related subjects;
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in designing, implementing and managing donor-funded public health programs, particularly in HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems, Quality Assurance, ISO accreditation;
- Experienced in advising on quality assurance laboratory audits and assessments against accepted national and international standards and regulations; and
- Experienced in providing advisory services and mentorship on HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems at both the national and international level.
- Proven capability and direct experience in HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems and services.
- Proven and excellent HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems auditing skills.
- Extensive experience in advisory and mentoring in the areas of HIV-related proficiency testing and quality management systems.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance including pertinent national and international regulations and guidance.
- Good in both written and spoken English and report writing.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to register online through FHI 360’s Career Center.
Please specify source in your application and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application.
CV/resume including salary requirements to be received not later than December 28, 2016.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.