Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Logistics – organizing export with Chinese (and potentially other) suppliers and liaise with local import agents in Kenya
- Vendor relations (including contract manufacturers)
- Supply & Demand Forecasting – work with management team to determine ordering needs, lead times etc.
- Coordinate strategic sourcing, planning and logistics activities for the business.
- Maintain material resources planning and logistics activities for the business.
- Facilitate activities with engineering and other departments in the clarification and development of clear and concise specifications for materials, products, equipment and services.
- Work with the R&D team to help guide new product development
- Assist in ERP implementation and training
- Work with Inventory & Supply Chain Controller on warehousing and material control, including monthly analysis if variances. Try to reduce monthly materials variances
- Work with the Quality Manager to ensure the quality of our raw materials are sufficient, whether being procured in Kenya or other countries
- Drive continuous improvements in the supply chain
- Lead team in negotiations with vendors/carriers in an effort to gain the required service levels at a price point that enhances organizational profitability.
- Lead supply chain team in identifying risk mitigation requirements.
- Facilitate organisational activities to mitigating risk.
- Degree in procurement preferable or in a related field
- Previous experience in supply chain, procurement or similar.
- At least 4 years experience in the similar role.
- Detail oriented.
- Problem solver
- Risk averse.
- Excellent communication skills.
go to method of application »
Admin and Finance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Provide monthly financial reports to company management
- Assist CFO in budget preparation, coordinate departments’ budgets and investigate costs incurred compared to the budget
- Develop and implement procedures for handling finances and accounting, maintain all records.
- Management and reconciliation of bank and cash accounts, record keeping for all expenses
- Control of salary payments to staff, including pension, health insurance, tax liabilities, allowances (i.e. communication and travel)
- Supporting staff to ensure expense reports are prepared accurately and on time
- Identify, establish and manage an effective working office for the new Kenyan entity
- Identify health insurance provider, security firm, etc.
- Liaise with lawyers and tax advisors to ensure sound set-up of the Kenyan entity
- Support relocation of expat staff as necessary
- Supporting staff on flight and accommodation for international travel
- Update and maintain the Employee Handbook
- Take detailed meeting minutes during credit committee meetings and the weekly global deal forum and organize follow-ups
- Schedule credit committee calls
- Supporting Investment Officers during closing process to chase signatories and ensure all documents are filed
- Assist with recruitment of future team members
Requirements for the Admin and Finance Manager Job
- Display of excellent accounting skills (knowledge of IFRS and/or US GAAP), CPA, fluency in quickbooks
- At least 2 years relevant experience in a finance/ admin/ office management function
- Experience within a multinational company, working with people across different cultures and timezones
- Display of excellent communication and reporting skills, detail orientation
- Proven ability to self manage, excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to learn new online systems/ software for communication and project management (we currently use google docs, Slack, Asana and Prosperworks).
- Willing and able to spend the first 2-3 months working in the Arusha office for training and transition purposes
- Experience with banking a plus
go to method of application »
Clinical Officer Job Responsibilities
- Treat patients with evidence based-medicine
- Create phenomenal patient experiences
- Increase our patient volumes
- Continuously improve yourself
- Be a great teammate and go above and beyond
- Accurately enter data
Requirements for the Clinical Officer Job
- Registered with clinical officer’s council and have a valid practising license
- Successful completion of interactive medical exam and self-assessment of skills
- Minimum experience on 1 year in a similar role.
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2586”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2586 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Deadline for receiving applications: 6th January 2017 N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online.
The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match