If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: Contractual arrangements is often considered an important driver of structural transformation and growth.
In the developing world, including Sub-Saharan Africa, contract farming is one of the most common contractual forms through which this transition occurs.
The Contract Farming Recruitment (CFR) Project aims to evaluate the impact of contract farming on small holders and to test the relative merits of various organizational forms of cane production.
Senior Field Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise field officers conducting interviews and provide feedback to the field officers and the Field Manager.
- Coordinating with the field officers for the scheduling of the respondents for data collection activities.
- Assist in data collection as and when required.
- Assist in the management of data collection activities; collection of data from field officers on a daily basis and turning over data to the data officer.
- Providing the Field Manager /Research Associate with daily feedback regarding surveying activities and any occurrences in the field.
- Recruitment of farmers into the Mumias Sugar Outgrower Scheme
- Assist to manage the following Mumias Sugar Activities in the Gem area;
- Land acquisition
- Land preparation
- Input supply
- Cane planting and husbandry to ensure adequate cane availability to meet factory requirements at all times and farmer satisfactory returns.
- Assist to liaise with internal and external service providers to ensure farmers get timely , adequate and quality services in order to achieve sustainable returns from cane business at all times
- Ensure 80 % farmer satisfaction
Qualifications for the Senior Field Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree or college Diploma in any Agricultural related course
- Diploma with 3 years’ experience in data collection
- Experience in data collection using SurveyCTO or ODK
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) career website on poverty-action.formstack.com to apply