CAP Youth Empowerment Institute Kenya was established to provide Basic Employability Skills Training (BEST) for disadvantaged youth in the society with particular focus on women to get equitable, qualitative learning and access to promising labour market oriented opportunities, savings and credit that support their pathways to safe and positive futures.
Learning Partner Job Broad objectives
- Conduct annual impact assessment of the employability training and support including component: BEST, TVET capacity building, and entrepreneurship and provide feedback through a structured process that will include one annual report.
- Design and apply tools and processes to assess the long term impact of CAP YEI’s program on Kenyan youth.
- Assess and feedback on the potential policy implications of the CAP YEI program for the youth employability and skills sector in Kenya
- Participate in peer review consultations with similar organizations with a view to identifying areas of improvements and or setbacks to help in “learning from others” and or maintaining quality and to identify potential for collaboration.
Learning Partner Job Scope of Work
- Review the monitoring and evaluation (M & E) needs and plans of the said assignment and extract the relevant indicators that could be used to monitor the outputs.
- Design the operating model and required tools of this partnership in collaboration with CAP’s relevant departments.
- Prepare the documents necessary to guide both partners on the implementation of this assignment. This should include procedures and operating manuals that should guide project coordination in processing and disseminating information.
- Develop data collection and reporting framework, instruments for capturing both quantitative and qualitative longitudinal and summative data and analyses.
- Ensure that the data is analyzed and presented in a simple enough to understand manner and is disaggregated by different parameters such as gender, social economic situation, vulnerability and others
- Support CAP YEI in hosting government, civil society peers, youth and other stakeholders through which such information can be shared for purposes of dissemination
Learning Partner Job Deliverables
- A manual outlining in detail the partnership model to be applied in the partnership, which should include detailed activities to be undertaken to provide the required services. This should include a section that sets out the needs of CAP YEI in relation to the assignment and Project M & E indicators.
- A presentation to CAP YEI in respect of the said model and within two after such presentation, provide a revised inception report.
- Timetable with complete timelines on how the exercise shall be conducted and when the survey reports shall be disseminated.
- One Evaluation report every year providing details and summary of findings and recommendation for improvement
- Participation in one dissemination workshop each year bringing together CAP YEI staff and partners as well as other peer organizations to review findings and make recommendations for the future
- At least three communications products (summaries, articles, presentation) based on the learning partnership and findings provided to CAP YEI
The learning partner can be an individual, organization or institution with demonstrated skills and experience in carrying out similar activities.
Experience and Competences Desired for the Learning Partner Job
- Provision of TVET related learning/curricular at national or regional level
- Demonstrated international and local operations or policy research experience.
- Experience in youth education and training
- Recent project experience in similar assignment(s).
- Demonstrated competence in monitoring and evaluation/auditing of educational and training projects and well versed in project cycle management.
- Knowledge of market based, demand driven employability models and programming and strong experience in entrepreneurial research and development.
- Capacity to engage University students in this work for purposes of their further learning and capacity building is desired, though not mandatory
Initial appointment will be for two years but with possibility of extension by mutual agreement.
The learning partner shall uphold integrity in the use of any confidential information received from CAP YEI or any other stakeholder affiliated to CAP YEI.
Such materials should be used exclusively for the purpose of preparing deliverables relevant to this assignment.
The confidentiality obligations shall not apply to any information already in the public domain.
go to method of application »
Consultant CAP YEI seeks the services of a suitable consultant to help set up the platform for planned growth of the Entrepreneurship component, starting with the design of a post BEST training curriculum.
Consultant Job Tasks
- Design a curriculum for youth entrepreneurship level 2 (post BEST) as well the tools for its delivery and work with CAP YEI to implement it. This should provide a seamless link with BEST and seek to address challenges of business growth including identified in the past including through the Metro pal credit rating evaluation, AGPO pilot, UMN reports and others.
- Design a process for the flexible delivery of the training through institutional, digital/electronic and other distance means
- Carry out a TOT for level 2 training and deliver it to at least 15 CAP YEI staff.
- Analyze the report on credit rating carried out by Metro pal and design and deliver a follow up training for at least 30 youth business leaders to help them upgrade.
- Provide market linkages for 20 select youth entrepreneurs in resale, agriculture, services, government contracting etc.
Deliverables for the Consultant Job
- Draft post BEST training curriculum for entrepreneurship
- Written proposal for flexible delivery
- 15 staff trained to deliver curriculum
- One workshop, 30 youth business leaders trained to upgrade credit score
- 20 youth led businesses linked to market opportunities
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.
- Programs and Organizational Learning Partner - email@example.com
Interested consultants are request to send their indication of interest providing a summary of their suitability for the work to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Shortlisted individuals will receive further information to prepare a technical and finance proposal.