PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the contracts and grants management for the project while ensuring full compliance with PATH and USAID procedures.
- Provide technical advice and take the lead role in management of contracts, grants and cooperative agreements and in the monitoring and development of systems to provide sound management control
- Ensure that implementing partners comply with terms and conditions and procedures established in the contracting and granting documents.
- Oversee the pre-award review assessments of new implementation agencies and other new partners.
- Develop capacity building plans based on the capacity gaps identified in the assessments and track progress against capacity improvement indicators.
- Develop the award documents (sub-agreements or contracts).
- Spearhead orientation for all new sub grants personnel and PATH project staff on reporting procedures.
- Supervise all aspects of agreement compliance issues including branding and marking, procurement, property administration, and grant amendment processes.
- Conduct site visits and prepare reports .Report all compliance findings to Senior Contracts and Grants Officer and assist in development of possible solutions. Appropriately document follow-up and ensure timely corrective action.
- Document evidence of monitoring and support and any compliance finding appropriately.
- A degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field, ACCA finalist or CPA (K), Master’s Degree will be an added advantage, proficiency in MS Suite especially advanced excel, at least 5 years’ relevant working experience of which 3 years should be progressive work in contracts and grants management with an international organization, experience working with Salesforce will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage a complex and diverse workload under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented; high degree of accuracy and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team under minimum supervision
- Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: Kisumu, Nyanza, Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kisumu
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to PATH career website on path.silkroad.com to apply