Control Officer Job at Janta Kenya
Posted on: 10 January, 2017
Deadline: 17 January, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Janta Kenya
is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice for private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
Control Officer Job Responsibilities
- To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function of the company
- Work closely with our front-line sales staff at the point of sale by taking into account all transactions ensuring they have been recorded and updated into the system and handing over reports to the accountant
- Take into account all credit purchases by ensuring that invoices are done and submitted to clients so as to begin follow-ups for payment.
- Work closely with the Admin and Accounts in submission of reports to enable preparation of financial reports for decision making.
- Prepare respective statements on purchases, as requested by our customers
- Formulating and reviewing finance and accounting procedures and policies.
- Ensuring effective management and utilization of resources and assets.
- Preparation of timely and accurate financial accounts in line with approved Budgets.
- Timely preparation and presentation of financial statements to the CEO and the Board
- Maintenance of accurate records and management of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Maintaining day-to-day, internal controls of accounting systems.
- Developing and implementing strategies relating to overall financial management of the organization.
- Managing, mentoring, coaching and developing staff in the Division.
- Providing prudent and accurate financial advice to the Management and Board.
- Performing any other duties as reasonably requested
Qualifications for the Control Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Proven working experience of at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Accounting skills will be an added advantage since the role will entail the use of an accounting package
- Ability to work as a team player with others.
- A demonstrated knowledge of basic internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all-time
- Ability to work independently
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job title “CONTROL OFFICER” on the subject line by 17th January 2017.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Janta KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Area Sales Manager at HRBP Solutions
- Account Manager at Janta Kenya
- Associate / Senior Associate – Private Equity at Intrepid HR
- Job Opportunities at Duma Works - 6 Positions
- Production Clerk at Royal Management Consultants (RMC)
- Retail Sales Manager at Virtual HR
- Sales & Marketing Executive at HRBP Solutions
- Job Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 3 Positions